|City||Apache Junction, Arizona|
|Broadcast area||East Valley (Phoenix metropolitan area)|
|First air date||29 January 2011|
|HAAT||18 meters (59 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||K East Valley Institute of Technology|
|Owner||East Valley Institute of Technology|
KVIT (90.7 FM) is a Phoenix East Valley non-commercial Classic Country radio station. Primarily targeted at an adult audience, it is branded as The Goldmine. KVIT 90.7 FM transmits from the Goldfield Ghost Town in Apache Junction, Arizona. KVIT is licensed to the East Valley Institute of Technology where its studios are located.
KVIT went on the air on January 29, 2011 as The Goldmine 90.7, which aired a Top 40 format.
In May 2012, KVIT began simulcasting on K224CJ 92.7 FM, which had been simulcasting KNRJ. K224CJ had been the 92.7 signal for :Energy 92.7 & 101.1', which was a Dance Hits station, on air from 2002 to 2008, and one of three similarly branded stations in the country (the others being KNGY Energy 92.7 FM in San Francisco, California and WKIE/WKIF/WDEK Energy 92.7 & 5 in Chicago, Illinois) all of which are now defunct. After Energy signed off, it became a part of a Classic Hip Hop format as 92.7 & 99.3 The Beat (still simulcasting KNRJ 101.1 FM along with K257CD 99.3 FM on North Mountain).
After KVIT added the 92.7 signal, The Goldmine began to become very dance friendly, and picked up mix shows with former Energy DJ and EVIT alumnus, DJ Perry.
On August 11, 2015, KVIT's format moved to new station KPNG 88.7, also owned by EVIT. On September 25, 2016, KVIT broke from the KPNG simulcast and its format was changed to classic country, returning to The Goldmine branding.
Occasionally, KVIT breaks from the country format to air high school football games sanctioned by the Arizona Interscholastic Association from schools in the East Valley.
- EVIT radio students to learn craft on air from AZ Central (February 1, 2011)
- PHOENIX’S GOLDMINE GETS A PULSE from Radio Insight (November 6, 2013)
- Teens Are the Pulse of EVIT's Radio Station from EVIT.com (November 14, 2013)
- EVIT Radio Station Changes Name from East Valley Tribune (November 16, 2013)
- The Goldmine
- East Valley Institute of Technology Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KVIT
- Radio-Locator information on KVIT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KVIT
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|