|Lake Isabella, California|
|Owner||Danny Hill and Kait Hill |
First air date
|July 15, 1977|
Former call signs
|Power||1,000 watts daytime only|
|Translator(s)||103.7 MHz K279CZ (Lake Isabella)|
KVLI (1140 AM) is a commercial radio station that is licensed to Lake Isabella, California, United States. The station, a 1,000-watt daytimer, is owned by Danny and Kait Hill, through Hill Broadcasting, and broadcasts a Country format.
In August 2014, Robert J. Bohn and Katherine M. Bohn sold KVLI and sister station KRVQ-FM to Alta Sierra Broadcasting, LLC for $300,000. However, the transaction triggered a complaint to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which held up the deal for three years. Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, licensee of KWVE-FM, alleged that a time brokerage agreement (TBA) between the sellers and Alta Sierra constituted an unauthorized transfer of control because KVLI and KRVQ-FM had no staff on premises. The FCC agreed, levying an $8,000 fine against the Bohns in a consent decree. The penalty was later reduced to $6,000, and the sale closed in July 2017.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada" (PDF). Broadcasting Yearbook 1978. Broadcasting Publications Inc. 1978. p. C-20. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Price For WCCC: $9.5 Million". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. August 4, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "FCC Fines California Cluster Owner Under Consent Decree, Hits Pirate FM Operator With $20,000 Fine". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. March 15, 2017. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "West Palm Beach FM Translator Sold". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. July 6, 2017. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- Kern River Radio Facebook
- KVLI in the FCC AM station database
- KVLI on Radio-Locator
- KVLI in Nielsen Audio's AM station database