|Broadcast area||Napa County/Sonoma County|
|Slogan||"The Voice of Napa County Sports"|
|First air date||November 17, 1947|
|Power||5,000 watts day|
1,000 watts night
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
Premiere Radio Networks
|Owner||Wilfred Alexander Marcencia and Julissa Marcencia |
(Wine Down Media LLC)
KVON (1440 kHz) is a commercial AM radio station broadcasting a sports radio format. Licensed to Napa, California, it serves the Napa County/Sonoma County region of Northern California. The station is owned by Wilfred Alexander Marcencia and Julissa Marcencia, through licensee Wine Down Media LLC, and features programming provided by Fox Sports Radio and Premiere Networks.
On November 17, 1947, KVON first signed on. Originally it broadcast with 500 watts of power around the clock, before getting a power increase. The station was owned by Thomas L. Young from 1971 to 1996. During Young's ownership, he founded sister station KVYN which went on the air in 1975. In May 2017 an announcement was made that the station along with KVYN had been sold by Wine Country Broadcasting to Wine Down Media for $425,000. The transaction was consummated on August 1, 2017.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1977 page C-23
- "Mayor to Pull Switch as KVON Napa Starts" (PDF). Broadcasting. December 15, 1947. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Sestito, Maria (December 1, 2015). "Former radio station owner dies at age 94". Napa Valley Register. Napa, CA: Lee Enterprises, Inc. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Thomas L. Young". Napa Valley Register. Napa, CA: Lee Enterprises, Inc. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- Huffman, Jennifer (May 14, 2017). "New owners for Napa radio stations KVYN/KVON". Napa Valley Register. Napa, CA: Lee Enterprises, Inc. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KVON
- Radio-Locator Information on KVON
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KVON
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|