|Channels||Digital: 26 (UHF)|
Virtual: 44 (PSIP)
|Owner||Word of God Fellowship |
(Ho'ona'auao Community Television, Inc.)
First air date
Former channel number(s)
44 (UHF, 1999–2009)
43 (UHF, until 2018)
|HAAT||577 m (1,893 ft)|
Public license information
KWBN, virtual channel 44 (UHF digital channel 26), is a Daystar owned-and-operated television station licensed to Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. The station is owned by Ho'ona'auao Community Television, a subsidiary of Daystar parent company Word of God Fellowship. KWBN's transmitter is located in Akupu, Hawaii. On cable, the station is available on Oceanic Spectrum channel 28 throughout most of the state, with the exception of the island of Hawai'i (the "Big Island"), where KWBN is not carried at all.
KWBN's allocation channel, like KALO and PBS member station KHET, is reserved for non-commercial use, and as such, must rely on paid religious programs, educational fare, and viewer donations for support.
In 2009, KWBN left channel 44 and moved to channel 43 when the analog to digital conversion was completed.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2012-03-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Repack Plan". RabbitEars.info. RabbitEars.info. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "Transition Schedule". FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Meisch, Charlie. "FCC ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF WORLD'S FIRST BROADCAST INCENTIVE AUCTION" (PDF). FCC.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "License To Cover for DTV Application". Licensing and Management System. Federal Communications Commission. December 10, 2018. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Daystar website
- KWBN in the FCC's TV station database
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KWBN-TV