|City||Burlington, North Dakota|
|Broadcast area||Burlington/Minot, North Dakota|
|Slogan||"New Country 102-9"|
|Frequency||102.9 FM (MHz)|
|First air date||2005|
|HAAT||156 meters (512 feet)|
|Sister stations||KBTO, KTZU|
KWGO (102.9 FM, "102.9 WGO") is a radio station with a country format. Licensed to Burlington, North Dakota, it serves the Minot, North Dakota area. The station is owned by Programmer's Broadcasting. The studios are located at 624 31st Ave. SW in Minot, and the transmitter site is south of town off Highway 83.
Public service efforts have included "Are You Tough Enough to Wear Pink?", a 2007 campaign rallying the rodeo and western industry to raise money and awareness for breast cancer treatment and research. The campaign raised over $26,000 for a new cancer exercise rehabilitation center at the Minot Family YMCA.
This station received its construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on April 18, 2005. The new station was assigned the call letters KWGO by the FCC on April 26, 2005. KWGO received its license to cover from the FCC on February 6, 2006.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Are You Tough Enough to Wear Pink?". Broadcasters' Public Service. National Association of Broadcasters. 2007.
- "Application Search Details (BNPH-20041229ABX)". FCC Media Bureau. April 18, 2005.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-20050627ABV)". FCC Media Bureau. February 6, 2006.
- Station website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KWGO
- Radio-Locator information on KWGO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KWGO
|This article about a radio station in North Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|