|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Broadcast area||Eureka, California|
|Slogan||The Best Rock and Roll of All Time|
|Translator(s)||102.7 K274AM (Eureka)|
|First air date||1992|
|Callsign meaning||K W PoinT|
|Owner||Lost Coast Communications|
KWPT is a commercial classic rock/hits music radio station licensed in Fortuna, California, broadcasting to the Eureka, California area on 100.3 FM. Owned by Lost Coast Communications, KWPT's sister stations are KHUM, KSLG-FM and KXGO. KWPT also serves Eureka, California, on translator K274AM at 102.7 FM.
KWPT carried a Rhythmic Top 40 format previous to the current classic rock/hits format and was known as The Party. Before that it aired a Smooth Jazz format. All formats on KWPT have been locally-executed, which is unique for the Eureka, CA metro market.
KWPT The Point's airstaff includes: Carole Ann, Chuck Rogers, Janet Carney, and Andy Powell. The programming is generated entirely from the Ferndale, California studios.
- Lost Coast Communications launches documentary series on marijuana, Redwood Times, February 7, 2012, accessed 13 June 2013.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KWPT
- Radio-Locator information on KWPT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KWPT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K274AM
- Radio-Locator information on K274AM
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|