|City||La Grande, Oregon|
|Branding||99.9 The River|
|Translator(s)||99.5 K258BM (La Grande)|
|First air date||May 2, 1988|
|HAAT||505 meters (1,657 feet)|
|Former frequencies||100.1 MHz (1988-1996)|
|Owner||Elkhorn Media Group
|Sister stations||KCMB, KTEL, KTIX, KUMA, KUMA-FM, KWHT, KWVN-FM|
This station received its original construction permit for a new FM station broadcasting with 3,000 watts of effective radiated power on 100.1 MHz from the Federal Communications Commission on May 2, 1988. The new station was assigned the call letters KWRL by the FCC on June 27, 1988. KWRL received its license to cover from the FCC on November 25, 1988.
In October 1998, original license holder Grande Ronde Broadcasting, Inc., reached an agreement to sell this station to Capps Broadcast Group through their KSRV, Inc., subsidiary. The deal was approved by the FCC on December 14, 1998, and the transaction was consummated on December 18, 1998.
Effective August 28, 2012, KWRL was sold by Capps Broadcast Group to KWRL, LLC for $750,000.
The FCC granted KWRL a new construction permit on March 13, 2009, to raise the antenna's height above average terrain to 505 meters (1,657 feet), unify the effective radiated power at 25,000 watts, and move the transmitter southeast to 45°07'21"N, 117°46'44"W. This permit is scheduled to expire on March 8, 2010.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19850712QL)". FCC Media Bureau. May 2, 1988.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-19881006KA)". FCC Media Bureau. November 25, 1988.
- "Application Search Details (BPH-19951013IE)". FCC Media Bureau. January 25, 1996.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-19981016GE)". FCC Media Bureau. December 18, 1998.
- "Application Search Details (BMPH-20080409ACO)". FCC Media Bureau. March 13, 2009.