|City||KWXX: Hilo, Hawaii
KAOY: Kealakekua, Hawaii
|Slogan||Hawaii's Island Music Station|
|Frequency||KWXX: 94.7 FM MHz
KAOY 101.5 FM MHz
|First air date||KWXX: May 2, 1983
KAOY May 18, 1981 (as KKON)
|ERP||KWXX: 51,000 watts
KAOY: 6.500 watts
|HAAT||KWXX: -231 meters
KAOY: 909 meters
|Owner||New West Broadcasting Corp.|
|Sister stations||KMWB, KNWB, KPUA|
KWXX-FM (94.7 FM) is a radio station in Hilo, Hawaii broadcasting an adult contemporary format as well as local music. A satellite station, KAOY (101.5 FM), is licensed to Kealakekua, Hawaii and serves the Kailua-Kona area. The station is owned by New West Broadcasting Corp.
KAOY went on the air as KKON-FM on May 18, 1981. In 1982, the station changed its call sign to KOAS. On February 7, 1992, the current call letters were adapted.
KWXX went on the air on May 2, 1983.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KWXX-FM
- Radio-Locator information on KWXX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KWXX
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KAOY
- Radio-Locator information on KAOY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KAOY
|This article about a radio station in Hawaii is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|