|Broadcast area||Riverside-San Bernardino, California|
|Slogan||Southern California's #1 For New Country|
|Frequency||92.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||March 1997|
HD2: New Country
|HAAT||100 meters (330 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||K X FroG|
(Entercom License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KFRG, KMPS, KVFG|
Listen Live (HD2)
KXFG is a commercial country music radio station in Menifee, California, broadcasting to the south-western sections of the Riverside-San Bernardino, California, area on 92.9 FM. KXFG is a simulcast of KFRG in San Bernardino, California. Its studios are in Colton and the transmitter site for KXFG is in Murrieta.
On August 17, 2006 KFRG became the only country radio station that could be heard in the Los Angeles area by default, as KZLA changed its programming format to rhythmic adult contemporary, until October 28, 2006 when KKGO changed its programming format from adult standards to country to fill void in the Los Angeles area.
KFRG had been focusing more on Orange County and Los Angeles area news and traffic since the demise of KZLA, but on February 23, 2007, KKGO moved its Country format and call letters to its FM sister station, thus bringing a full-powered FM Country music station back the nation's second largest radio market after a six-month absence.
Lake Elsinore Storm Baseball Games
During Lake Elsinore Storm baseball games, KXFG formerly interrupted the KFRG simulcast to carry the team's play-by-play. It replaced XEPE-AM in 2009. As of 2018[update], Lake Elsinore Storm Baseball games have moved to KMYT.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 2009 (PDF). 2009. p. D-107. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- https://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=18 HD Radio Guide for Riverside, California
- CBS Radio to Merge with Entercom
- Entercom Receives FCC Approval for Merger with CBS Radio
- Entercom Completes CBS Radio Merger
- KXFG official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KXFG
- Radio-Locator information on KXFG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KXFG
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|