|Broadcast area||Dubuque and Vicinity|
|Slogan||The Tri-States' Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||1986 (as KXKX)|
|HAAT||94 meters (308 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KXKX (1986-1989)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Dubuque License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KLYV, WDBQ-FM/AM, WJOD|
KXGE (102.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic rock format serving the Dubuque, Iowa, United States, community. The station is owned by Townsquare Media and licensed to Townsquare Media Dubuque License, LLC. 102.3 at one time broadcast a country music format as KXKX ("Kix 102").
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Cumulus Media would swap its stations in Dubuque (including KXGE) and Poughkeepsie, New York to Townsquare Media in exchange for Peak Broadcasting's Fresno, California stations. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare, Peak, and Dial Global were all controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- "KXGE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KXGE
- Radio-Locator information on KXGE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KXGE
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|