|Branding||1490 The Jock|
|First air date||1963 (as KBAB)|
|Power||500 watts (day)
1,000 watts (Night)
|Former callsigns||KBAB (1963-1984)|
|Affiliations||Yahoo! Sports Radio
|Owner||62 and Even II
(The Rasmussen Group)
KXLQ (1490 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Indianola, Iowa. The station is owned by 62 And Even II, a division of The Rasmussen Group. The station had been silent; however, it returned to the air on April 21, 2010. As of January 18, 2013, it was carrying a sports radio format, featuring programming from Yahoo! Sports Radio and ESPN Radio.
In July 2004, KXLQ Insight Sports LLC, which had been operating the station under a time brokerage agreement since March 26, 2004, made an agreement to buy the station from Warren Broadcasting for $360,000. This deal ultimately collapsed and the station was put back on the market.
In September 2005, Davidson Media Group (Peter Davidson, president) reached an agreement to buy KXLQ from Warren Broadcasting Inc. (Dwaine F. Meyer, president) for a reported sale of $425,000. 
In March 2007, Birach Broadcasting Corporation, headed by President Sima Birach, reached an agreement to acquire KXLQ from Davidson Media Group as part of a two-station deal worth a reported $800,000.
In 2012, it began broadcasting Yahoo! Sports Radio and simulasting local host Mary Tirrell's program from KBGG. In early 2013, it added ESPN Radio programming. It also serves as an affiliate for the New York Yankees, Chicago Bears, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish football and Nebraska Cornhuskers football.
On January 8, 2016, Radio Insight reported that 62 And Even II is acquiring KXLQ from Birach Broadcasting for $300,000. The buyers are made up of the owners and management team of Iowa-based construction company The Rasmussen Group.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "July 2004". Upper Midwest Broadcasting News. 2004-07-20.
- "Transactions". Radio Business Report. 2004-09-04.
- "Deals 9/19/2005". Broadcasting & Cable. 2005-09-19.
- "Transactions for Mar. 22, 2007". Radio & Records. 2007-03-22.
- "Deals 4/9/2007". Broadcasting & Cable. 2007-04-09.
- Birach Broadcasting Corporation
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KXLQ
- Radio-Locator Information on KXLQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KXLQ
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|