|City||Manitou Springs, Colorado|
|Broadcast area||Colorado Springs area|
|Branding||Colorado Public Radio|
|Translator(s)||102.1 K271CK (Manitou Springs)|
|Power||500 watts day
1,000 watts night
|ERP||99 watts (FM)|
|Former callsigns||KIKX (1984-1987)
|Owner||Colorado Public Radio|
KXRE (1490 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a news and NPR format. Licensed to Manitou Springs, Colorado, the station serves the Colorado Springs area. The station is currently owned by Colorado Public Radio.
In December 2016, Colorado Public Radio agreed to pay Latino Communications $550,000 for KXRE and FM translator K271CK (102.1 FM.) KXRE began broadcasting CPR's NPR/news format, originating from KCFR-FM in Denver, in April 2017. 
- "KXRE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KXRE Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Colorado Public Radio buying two Colorado Springs stations". Colorado Springs Gazette, January 12, 2017.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KXRE
- Radio-Locator Information on KXRE
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KXRE
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|