95.3 The Beach logo as of 2011
|City||Pismo Beach, California|
|Broadcast area||San Luis Obispo, California|
|Branding||95.3 The Beach|
|Slogan||Playing the Most Variety|
|First air date||1974 (as KPGA)|
|HAAT||119 meters (390 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KPGA (1974-1990)
(Dimes Media Corporation)
|Sister stations||KPYG, KWWV, KXDZ, KYNS|
KXTZ (95.3 FM, "The Beach") is a commercial radio station located in San Luis Obispo, California. KXTZ airs a classic hits music format (with a focus on 1980s era rock music), and is a simulcast with sister station KXDZ (on 100.5 FM), branded as "95.3 The Beach".
In April 2002, Howard Broadcasting, Inc., reached an agreement to sell this station to Mapleton Communications, LLC, as part of a three-station deal valued at $1.5 million. The deal was approved by the FCC on May 23, 2002, and the transaction was consummated on July 19, 2002.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved June 21, 2009.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved June 21, 2009.
- "Changing Hands - 2002-04-22". Broadcasting & Cable. April 21, 2002.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-20020415AAV)". FCC Media Bureau. July 19, 2002.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KXTZ
- Radio-Locator information on KXTZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KXTZ
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|