This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Availability||National, through radio stations and translators|
|Owner||Educational Media Foundation|
Air1 is a U.S. Christian radio network owned by the Educational Media Foundation. The network's stations broadcast a Christian Rock format, including some Christian pop. The network is one of three formats produced by the Educational Media Foundation, the other two being K-Love Classics and the Christian contemporary hit radio format K-Love.
In 1986, KLRD began broadcasting Christian music from Yucaipa, California, and went by the on-air moniker K-LORD. In 1994, KXRD was started as a sister station to KLRD. In 1995, K-LORD changed its name to "Air1" and began broadcasting via satellite from St. Helens, Oregon. In 1999, Air1 joined with EMF Broadcasting, and finally in 2002, it moved its headquarters to Rocklin, California. Air1 makes use of broadcast translators to spread the signal across much of the country. As of December 2017, the network lists 123 full powered radio stations and 125 translators of various power levels reaching 43 states.
Originally, Air1 began as a Christian Rock-formatted radio network with its tagline "The Positive Alternative", but in recent years, it has evolved to its current CCM playlist with its slogan "Positive Hits".
List of stations
The network's program director is Randy Chase.
- Sean Copeland was formerly part of the Sean and Mandy show, which was discontinued on September 29, 2011. Copeland moved to the morning show on Indianapolis adult contemporary station WYXB.
- Coppelia Acevedo formerly occupied the midday time slot, and moved to Houston station KSBJ.
- Brant Hansen filled the afternoon time slot from 2011 to 2014, and resigned to take a job with Cure International and start the Brant Hansen Show, a podcast that is syndicated on many Christian radio stations.
- Eric Allen co-hosted the "Eric and Mandy Show" in the mornings until February 2015; his co-host Mandy stated he was moving on to "bigger & better things". As of 2015, Eric is working for Cure International as their Radio Marketing Manager.
- Brenda Price hosted a mid-day time slot until May 5, 2015, when Air1 stated Brenda was no longer a part of Air1's DJ lineup. No reason was given for her sudden departure.
- Rahny Taylor worked as a program director and on-air host at Air1 and K-LOVE from November 2013 to August 2016. He departed to host a morning show on WRNW in Milwaukee.
- NEWS: AIR1 Announces Eric & Heather as the New Co-Hosts for the AIR1 Morning Show Beginning April 14
- Mike & Lauren
- "Blogs: Sean Copeland".
- "The Morning Show with Bill and Coppelia".
- "Stations". BrantHansen.com.
- Rahny Taylor New K-LOVE Assistant PD
- Rahny Taylor Returns To Mornings In Milwaukee
- Rahny Taylor returning to Milwaukee radio