|City||San Diego, California|
|Broadcast area||San Diego metropolitan area|
|Slogan||San Diego's Fresh Favorites|
|Frequency||96.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)
96.5-2: Contemporary Christian "The Crossing"
96.5-3: CHR "Radio Disney"
|First air date||1960|
|Format||Mainstream Adult Contemporary
Christmas music (Nov.-Dec.)
|HAAT||210 meters (689 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||KYXY, call letters pronounced Kicksy|
(CBS Radio Stations Inc.)
KYXY (96.5 MHz "KyXy 96.5") is a commercial FM radio station owned by CBS Radio. KYXY is licensed to San Diego, California with its studios in the city's Linda Vista neighborhood. Its transmitter site is in La Jolla, on the KGTV Tower which it shares with Channel 10 KGTV and several other San Diego FM stations. KYXY airs an Mainstream Adult Contemporary radio format. Weekday mornings feature a four-person music, information and comedy show known as "Jeff and the Showgram."
KYXY first signed on in 1960. It was an independent FM station, carrying a middle of the road music format, which was described as "Good Music." The station has kept the same KYXY call letters throughout its history, which are pronounced like "Kicksy." From the 1980s to the early 2000s, KYXY aired a soft adult contemporary format. But over the next decade, like many Soft AC stations concerned about attracting younger listeners, KYXY began moving toward a more uptempo format.
- KYXY is known as San Diego's home for Christmas music, playing all holiday songs from mid-November till Christmas night.
- In June 2009, the weekend after Michael Jackson's death, the station paid tribute to the singer by playing continuous Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 hits.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KYXY
- Radio-Locator information on KYXY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KYXY
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|