|City||Cape Girardeau, Missouri|
|Branding||News Radio 960|
|Slogan||"Your Regional News Authority"|
|First air date||August 31, 1985|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
500 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||ZIMmer (former owners)|
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS|
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, WOOZ-FM, WJPF, KGIR, KZIM, KEZS-FM, KCGQ-FM, KMAL, KLSC, KWOC, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KGKS, and KSIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- KZIM official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KZIM
- Radio-Locator Information on KZIM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KZIM
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|