|City of license||Hot Springs, South Dakota|
|First air date||November 21, 1988|
|Power||2,300 watts day
310 watts night
|Owner||Mt. Rushmore Broadcasting, Inc.|
On May 18, 2012, the Federal Communications Commission fined KZMX AM and its sister station, KZMX-FM, a combined $21,500 fine for various violations, including operation of the stations without any staff present, and inability to reach the station's staff.
The station along with others owned by Mt. Rushmore Broadcasting filed for an extension of the special temporary authority in early 2015, due to staffing issues. It was reported that staff had unexpectedly resigned, and there was difficulty finding new employees.
- "KZMX Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- FCC Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture, In the Matter of Mount Rushmore Broadcasting, Inc., Licensee of Station KZMX(AM), Hot Springs, SD and Station KZMX-FM, Hot Springs, SD, May 18, 2012.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KZMX
- Radio-Locator Information on KZMX
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KZMX
|This article about a radio station in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|