||This article needs to be updated. (August 2014)|
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Further Education, Higher Education|
|Interim Principal||Phil Frier|
|Location||Ashford, Dover, Folkestone, Tonbridge and Royal Tunbridge Wells
|Local authority||Kent County Council|
|DfE URN||130727 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Patron||Lord Mayhew of Twysden|
The Interim Principal was Phil Frier and the Patron was Lord Mayhew of Twysden.
Due to the large amount of debt sustained by K College, it was split into two units from 1 August 2014:
- Hadlow College Group has taken over the Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells campuses as "West Kent College" and Ashford campus as "Ashford College".
- East Kent College has taken over Folkestone and Dover.
The main campus in Tonbridge teaches a large number of A-level and vocational courses including apprenticeships. It also runs teacher training courses, TUC courses and has a Professional Development Centre. It has additional teaching courses on deaf issues and a dyslexia unit.
The college runs a construction-orientated teaching centre based at the Construction Crafts & Engineering Centre on Kingstanding Way, North Farm Industrial Estate in Tunbridge Wells.
The West Kent College Student Association was rebranded as K College Student Union. The main rebrand involved developing a new logo, changing its name and initiating a consultation on its constitution. It consisted of a President, Vice-President, Communications Officer and 6 Union Officers, they have a mixed remit to cover all the facets of student representation. These have since split apart to cover each separate 'chain', but retain a similar democratic structure.
- Mark Sargeant — chef
- Hazel Crowney — actress, model
- The Countess of Wessex (Sophie Helen, née Rhys-Jones)
- Marcus Dillistone — Royal premiered film director. Music Producer Athens 2004 Olympic Opening & Closing Ceremonies.
- Jilly Goolden — TV presenter & wine connoisseur
- "K College Press Information". K College.
- Private Eye no 1355 p31
- "Union up in arms after controversial K College announces 127 further redundancies". Kent & Sussex Courier.
- "Everything will be oK". KOS Media.
- "Conference Common Room - Volume 47 Number 1 (Spring 2010)" (PDF). John Catt Educational Ltd.
- College homepage - Now re-directs to West Kent College home page