Kaali (1980 film)
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2021)
|Directed by||I. V. Sasi|
|Produced by||Hem Nag|
|Edited by||K. Narayanan|
Hem Nag Productions
|3 July 1980 (Tamil)|
19 September 1980 (Telugu)
Kaali is a 1980 Indian action film written by Mahendran and directed by I. V. Sasi. Produced by Hem-Nag, the film stars Rajinikanth, Seema, Fatafat Jayalaxmi and Shubha. The film was simultaneously made in Tamil and Telugu languages, with Chiranjeevi replacing Vijayakumar in Telugu. The cinematography was handled by Ashok Kumar and soundtrack was composed by Ilaiyaraaja. Kaali ran for 56 days in Chennai and was considered a box office failure.
- Rajinikanth as Kaali
- Vijayakumar (Tamil) / Chiranjeevi (Telugu) as G.K.
- Seema as Anitha/Geetha
- Fatafat Jayalaxmi as Alangaram
- Major Sundarrajan as Sampath
- Manorama as Thayamma
- Suruli Rajan as Sokku
- Shubha as Sampath's wife
- Vennira Aadai Nirmala as Rajinikanth's sister
- V. Gopalakrishnan as Somu
- Kantha Rao
- Kaikala Satyanarayana as Rajaram
- Prasad Babu
- Giri Babu
- Anuradha Sriram as child artist
- Master Haja Sheriff as child artist
|1||"Adi Aadu"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Kannadasan||4:39|
|3||"Kali Bhadrakali"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Vairamuthu||4:00|
|4||"Thithikkum"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Kalyan, S. P. Sailaja||Kannadasan||4:33|
|5||"Vaazhumattum"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:46|
- S.B., Vijaya Mary (22 August 2002). "Ready for the challenge". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 25 October 2002. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Superstar's next with Ranjith titled Kaali?". The Times of India. 22 July 2015. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Ramachandran 2014, Chapter 7:The 1980s – 31/59.
- "பிரபல ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் அசோக்குமார் மரணம்". Dina Thanthi (in Tamil). 24 October 2014. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Kaali Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- Ramachandran 2014, Chapter 7:The 1980s – 32/59.
- Ramachandran, Naman (2014) . Rajinikanth: The Definitive Biography. Penguin Books. ISBN 978-01-4342-111-5.