Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha|
|Created by||Mrinal Jha |
|Directed by||Yash Chauhan |
|Narrated by||Mrinal Kulkarni|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||136|
|Producer(s)||Mrinal Jha |
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Original release||13 September 2010 –|
18 March 2011
Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha (or simply Kaali) is an Indian crime thriller series that aired on Star Plus TV channel from 13 September 2010 to 18 March 2011. The series is inspired from Ruchika Girhotra case.
This is the tale narrated by Mrinal Kulkarni of the Mehta family who are simple and middle class with middle class values and dreams composed of Veerender Mehta and his two children 16-year-old Rachna and 11-year-old Rahul. Rachana is a girl with big dreams who is sure to make a mark in Badminton one day. Rachana's cousin, Anu is her best friend. Rachana is all through encouraged in her pursuit of playing Badminton by her family. And it's during this pursuit that the menacing bahubali of her town- Thakral, lays his eyes on her. It is from here on the journey of Rachana who decides to fight back against the big and mighty Thakral. Anu stands by Rachana and they remain deeply connected through the terror and trauma that Thakral unleashes on Rachana and her family. The story is the tale of Rachana who belongs to a small, peaceful and happy family and what happens to her and her family when disaster strikes in the form of a monster of a man called Thakral the Bahubali of Ghaziabad.
- Ashutosh Rana as Keshav Thakral
- Swati Kapoor as Rachana. The character was inspired by Ruchika, an Indian badminton player.
- Nia Sharma as Anu, Rachna's cousin and her best-friend
- Varun Jain as Arjun
- Arif Zakaria as Virendar(Rachana's father)
- Perin Malde as Rahul(Rachana's brother)
- Vipra Rawal as Rajni
- Pranitaa Pandit as Jhanvi(Thakral's daughter)
- Akshay Anand as Amar
- Dimple Inamdar as Rajashri
- Neelu Kohli as Babli
- Mrinal Kulkarni as Sushma Rai/Aditi Chaudary
- Anuj Thakur as Mohit
- Rishabh Sharma as Rahul
- Aham Sharma as Aditya Ahlawat
- Sonali Kulkarni as (NARRATOR)
- Aarun Nagar as Briju
- Dinesh Sharma as Siddharth
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Kaali ...ek agnipariksha to fight against sexual harassment of women". Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Ruchika-IGP Rathore's story on telly?". 13 September 2010. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Kaali..will shake the nation". 9 September 2010. Retrieved 3 October 2017.