Kaanchi: The Unbreakable
|Kaanchi: The Unbreakable|
|Directed by||Subhash Ghai|
|Produced by||Subhash Ghai|
|Written by||Subhash Ghai|
|Distributed by||White Hill Studio|
Kaanchi: The Unbreakable is a romantic 2014 Hindi-language Indian feature film produced and directed by Subhash Ghai, starring newcomer actress Mishti and Kartik Aaryan in lead roles supported by veteran actors Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)
Kaanchi is a story of the inner power of a woman who represents over one million suppressed youth against injustice in her country. It is also the story of an innocent rural beauty and her fight against power.
- Mishti as Kaanchi
- Kartik Aaryan as Binda
- Mithun Chakraborty as Shyam Kakra
- Rishi Kapoor as Jumar Kakra
- Rishabh Sinha as Sushant Kakra
- Chandan Roy Sanyal as Inspector Bagula
- Adil Hussain as CBI officer
- Natasha Rastogi as Kaanchi's mother
- Mahima Chaudhry special appearance in item number
- Vikrant Massey
- Pallavi Subhash Chandran
- Amrita Raichand
- Isha Sharwani special appearance in item number
- Hazel Crowney special appearance in song "Thumka"
- Shakti Mohan item song "Kambal ke neeche"
- Mukti Mohan item song "Kambal Ke Neeche"
Kartik Aaryan was roped in to perform the role. The music director Ismail Darbaar's son, Zaid Darbar assistd Subhash Ghai in the direction. The trailer was released on 6 March 2014 on YouTube, which received positive reviews.
Besides deploying their own marketing team, Mukta Arts partnered with web channel Trendspotters.tv for web and social-media promotion. Commenting on the film, Subash Ghai said, "Kaanchi to me is a project that is larger than life itself, the film, though commercial, is an inspirational story for the young women of today.
Late last year when asked about its delay, director Subhash Ghai said he was in no hurry to release the film. He said "A few portions of the film are left for shoot. I am going to take my own time to release Kaanchi. I am not in a hurry to release the film as I don't want to repeat the mistake I did with my last film" and added that "Most of the films which do not do well because of the pressure of its release date. Directors later feel that the film would have worked better if they had given some more time."
Kaanchi was released on 25 April 2014.
|Kaanchi: The Unbreakable|
|Soundtrack album by Ismail Darbar, Salim-Sulaiman|
|Released||18 March 2014|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Director Subhash Ghai, who is known to work very closely and meticulously with the composers on his films, said that "I have recorded four songs by Ismail Darbar and Salim-Sulaiman on the lyrics of Irshad Kamil and I can say today that it's going to be big blockbuster music album on the day it will be released."
While Darbar, Kamil and Salim-Sulaiman worked together on the songs, the film score was composed by Simaab Sen.
|1||"Kaanchi Re Kaanchi"||Sukhwinder Singh||Ismail Darbar||04:06|
|2||"Tu Sab Kuch Re"||Sonu Nigam, Anwesha Datta Gupta & Ismail Darbar||Ismail Darbar||05:36|
|3||"Main Mushtanda"||Aishwarya Majmudar & Mika Singh||SuSubhaSub||03:05|
|4||"Koshampa"||Aman Trikha, Sanchita Bhattyacharya, Anwesha Datta Gupta & Subhash Ghai||Ismail Darbar||03:32|
|5||"Kaisa Hai Dard Mera"||Ankit Tiwari||Ismail Darbar||04:46|
|6||"Kambal Ke Neech"||Aishwarya Majmudar, Neeti Mohan, Aman Trikha & Sanchita Bhattyacharya||03:47|
|7||"Thumka"||Sonu Nigam & Suzanne D'Mello||Salim-Sulaiman||04:45|
|8||"Hindustan Kahan Hai"||Sukhwinder Singh, Mohit Chauhan & Raj Pandit||Salim-Sulaiman||04:50|
|9||"Adiye Adiye"||Sanchita Bhattyacharya & Avril Quadros||Ismail Darbar||02:32|
Kaanchi received mixed to negative reviews from critics. Subhash Ghai's direction was criticised compared to his previous movies Kalicharan, Karma, Karz and Pardes. The lead actress Mishti failed to impress and her acting skills were criticised.
- "Kaanchi Movies Songs". Biscoot. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Kaanchi..." Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Mithun Da To Star Along With Rishi Kapoor in Next Subhash Ghai Film KAANCHI". boxofficecapsule.com. 10 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Mithun Chakraborty to play special character in Subhash Ghai's Kaanchi". bollywoodlife.com. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Subhash Ghai signs Mithun Chakravarthy for 'KAANCHI'". indiaglitz.com. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Rishi, Mithun in Kaanchi". screenindia.com. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Mithun as never-seen-before in 'Kaanchi': Ghai". indiatimes.com. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Subhash Ghai's 'Kaanchi' to be released on April 12". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Kaanchi Trailer Review: The Powerful Story of a Young Girl". news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Subhash Ghai's production house partners with web channel for 'Kaanchi' promotions". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Subhash Ghai in no hurry to release Kaanchi". Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Kaanchi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Subhash Ghai Not Rushing Kaanchi Release". 12 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Movie Review: 'Kaanchi'". Mid Day. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' Review Roundup: Subhash Ghai Fails to Create Magic". Ibtimes.co.in. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' Review: Subhash Ghai's film makes you cringe and laugh at the same time – IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Movie review: Kaanchi lacks Subhash Ghai's magical touch". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi film review: This is Subhash Ghai mining his usual patriotic 'this is my India' self". The Indian Express. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Tushar Joshi (25 April 2014). "Film Review: Kaanchi's old school vibe fails to keep audience hooked, tests patience | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "'Kaanchi' review: Subhash Ghai lacks showmanship". ZEE NEWS. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Bollywood Movie Review: Kaanchi (2014) Critics Review And Rating". Mensxp.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kaanchi movie review". NDTV. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Kaanchi Review". KOIMOI. 25 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "I didn't know how to kiss". Filmfare. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2014.