Kaash Main Teri Beti Na Hoti
|Kaash Main Teri Beti Na Hoti|
|Written by||Kifayat Rodani|
|Directed by||Syed Ali Raza Usama|
|Starring||(For cast see below)|
|Opening theme||Kaash Main Teri Beti Na Hoti (sung by Sanam Marvi)|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of episodes||210 on Geo TV, 159 on Zindagi|
Samina Humayun Saeed
|Running time||Approx. 16-20 minutes|
|Original network||Geo Tv|
Kaash Main Teri Beti Na Hoti (Urdu: کاش میں تیری بیٹی نہ ہوتی, English: I Wish I Was Not Your Daughter) is a Pakistani teledrama which premiered on Geo TV in 2011. Written by Kifayat rodani, the serial was directed by Syed Ali Raza Usama and co-produced by Shahzad Naseeb and Samina Humayun Saeed.
Kassh Main Teri Beti Na Hoti was also broadcast in India on the channel Zindagi retitled as Beti Ka Sauda. Its first episode was telecasted on 23 June 2014; the day the channel was launched. The show ended its run on 6 December 2014. Zindagi ended the entire show within 159 episodes, while on Geo TV, it took 210 episodes.
The story highlights the concept of living conditions of a very poor family in Pakistan and the hardships and difficulties they have to face daily to earn their living. Things are never easy for Khushi commonly known as Pagli and her entire family with their Akbar Ali (Father) selling newspapers but hardly earning anything, Zuleikha (her mother) working as a maid in a rich house but always getting insulted by the owner, while she and Bano (her sister) wash car mirrors on the roads. Ummo (her brother) works in a workshop. They are in such a miserable condition that they have nothing to eat most of the times. The parents are worried about Khushi’s marriage but have to hold back because they cannot afford dowry. The story takes an amazing turn and finally a proposal comes for Khushi but it’s not just a marriage proposal; it’s a one-year contract with selfish intentions behind it. The most shocking thing for Khushi would be when she actually gets to know later about Zuleikha’s reality. It will show you how the elite rich class manipulates the poor class for their own motives and then discard them off once they are no longer needed. You will also get to see that money is such a powerful force which can force parents to take certain steps which are unethical. See how things turn out to be as this amazing story develops depicting the reality of our and other third world countries.
- Fatima Effendi as Khushi a.k.a. Pagli
- Danish Taimoor as Junaid Ali Shah - Khushi's husband (Male Protagonist)
- as Warish Junaid Ali Shah - Junaid & Khushi's son
- Javeria Abbasi as Shanzay - Junaid's first wife
- Saleem Mairaj as Daud Ali Shah a.k.a. Shahji - Junaid's father
- Taqi Ahmed as Duraid - Junaid's younger brother
- Ismat Zaidi as Shagufta - Junaid's mother
- Salma Zafar as Zulekha - Khushi's mother
- Shakeel Hussain Khan - Asghar
- Shahid Naqvi as Akbar Ali - Khushi's father
- Zuhab Khan as Inu - Khushi's younger brother
- Minal Khan as Bano - Khushi's younger sister
- Qaiser Naqvi as Zubaida - Zulekha's friend
- Kanwar Arsalan as Farhan a.k.a. Pappu - Khushi's childhood friend
- Zyla Sarhadi as Shammo, Khushi's neighbourhood friend
- "Bye-bye unending television dramas, welcome Zindagi". Times of India. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Beti Ka Sauda Story".
|This Pakistani television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|