Kaba Ma Kyei
|English: Till the End of the World|
|Kaba Ma Kyei|
National anthem of Myanmar
|Also known as||"Kaba Ma Kyay" (English: "Till the End of the World")|
|Lyrics||Saya Tin, 1947|
|Music||Saya Tin, 1930|
|Adopted||22 September 1947|
|Published||20 July 1930|
"Kaba Ma Kyei" (abridged instrumental)
"Kaba Ma Kyei" (ကမ္ဘာမကျေ [ɡəbà mə tɕè]; English: "Till the End of the World") is the Burmese national anthem and has been the national anthem of Myanmar since 1947. It consists of two parts, the first is a traditional Burmese style section, before transitioning into the second half, a Western-style orchestra.
According to the 2008 Constitution of Myanmar, the complete version of "Kaba Ma Kyei" is specified as consisting of both the traditional Burmese style and Western-style sections. The complete version is usually used on domestic occasions.
A long-standing tradition is that those who sing Kaba Ma Kyei bow at the end, as a show of respect for the nation and its state anthem.
[təjá m̥ja̰ ta̰ lʊʔ laʔ tɕʰɪ́ɴ nɛ̰ mə θwè]
ta.ra: hmya. ta. lwat lap hkrang: nai. ma. swi
|Official English translation|
Accompanied with justice and freedom;
|Poetic translation of the second verse|
𝄆 We shall love, forevermore
- "Kaba Ma Kyei" at nationalanthems.info
- Constitution of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar (2008) Chapter 13 State Flag, State Seal, National Anthem and the Capital. Article 439 (a). Page 176. (in Burmese)
- Close down on Myanmar National Radio[permanent dead link]
- "The National Anthem Law, 21 Oct 2010" (PDF). Online Burma/Myanmar Library. April 2, 2019.
- "National Anthem of Myanmar". AnthemWorld.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National anthem of Myanmar.|
- Burma/Myanmar: Kaba Ma Kyei - Audio of the national anthem of Burma/Myanmar, with information and lyrics
- Ga Ba Majay Ba Ma Pyay (MIDI file)
- Sheet music (from Embassy of Burma to Washington)