|Region||Western Region of Uganda|
|• Mayor||Pius Ruhemurana|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kabale is located in the Kabale District of the Kigezi sub-region. It is approximately 420 kilometres (260 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The town lies 2,000 metres (6,600 ft) above sea level. The coordinates of Kabale are: 01 15 00S, 29 59 24E (Latitude:-1.2500; 29.9900).
According to the 2002 national population census, Kabale municipality had approximately 41,350 inhabitants. The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 44,200 in 2010. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kabale at 44,600. The 2014 national population census conduced in August, put the population of Kabale at 49,667.
Other points of interest
The other points of interest within the town limits or close to the edges of town include the following:
- headquarters of Kabale District Administration
- offices of Kabale City Council
- Kabale Regional Referral Hospital, a 250-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- branch of the National Social Security Fund
- Kabale Currency Centre, a currency storage and processing facility owned and operated by the Bank of Uganda, Uganda's Central Bank
- campus of Kabale University, a private university
- Kabale Airport, a civilian airport operated by Kabale Municipality
- Kabale Campus of Uganda Martyrs University
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Distance Between Kampala And Kabale With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Google (2 July 2015). "Location of Kabale At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kabale Town In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Uwera, Runyambo (12 April 2010). "Central Bank Launches Currency Centre". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Lake Bunyonyi & Kabale in Your Pocket - A free downloadable booklet about Lake Bunyonyi and Kabale
- Kabale Faces Shortage of Clean Water