|Kabale Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Kabale Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Kabale Hospital is a hospital in the town of Kabale, in Kabale District, in southwestern Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Kabale, Kanungu, Kisoro and Rukungiri. It is proposed that the hospital will become the teaching hospital of Kabale University once its medical school is established.
Kabale Hospital is located in the central business district of the town of Kabale, approximately 405 kilometres (252 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Kabale Regional Referral Hospital are:1°15'04.0"S, 29°59'21.0"E (Latitude:-1.251111; Longitude:29.989167).
Kabale Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health and general care in the hospital is free. It is one of the thirteen (13) Regional Referral Hospitals in Uganda. The hospital is designated as one of the fifteen (15) Internship Hospitals in Uganda where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The bed capacity of Kabale Hospital is quoted as 200, although many more admissions are made, with the excess sleeping on the floor.
- Muhereza, Robert (24 September 2014). "Kabale To Upgrade Hospital". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Travel Distance Between Kampala And Kabale With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kabale Regional Referral Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Uganda has Thirteen Regional Referral Hospitals
- BMAU, . (June 2014). "Rehabilitation of Regional Referral Hospitals In Uganda: What Should Be Done Differently?" (PDF). Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit (BMAU), Uganda Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Medical Education in Uganda
- Newvision, Archive (12 May 2008). "Kabale Hospital Is Overcrowded And Understaffed". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 26 October 2014.