Kabale University (KAB) is a public university in Uganda.
The main campus of KAB is located on Kikungiri Hill, in Kabale Municipality, on 52 hectares (130 acres) of land donated by the Kabale District Administration. This location is 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) off the Kabale-Gatuna Road, approximately 406 kilometres (252 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of KAB are 1°16'20.0"S, 29°59'18.0"E (Latitude:-1.272215; Longitude:29.988321).
KAB was established as a private institution in 2001 by stakeholders in the Kigezi sub-region. The major objective of KAB is to contribute to the socioeconomic development of Kigezi, Uganda, East Africa, Eastern Africa, and Africa through accessible training, research, and decentralized service delivery, using participatory and inclusive approaches and methodologies. KAB received accreditation from the Uganda National Council for Higher Education in 2005.
In January 2015, after lobbying from stakeholders, the government of Uganda indicated its willingness to take over the private university, provided certain conditions were met. In June 2015, the government formally took over the university.
- Certificate Secretarial Studies
- Certificate in Social Work and Social Administration
- Certificate in Public Administration and Management
- Certificate in Records Management
- Certificate in Counseling
- Certificate in Library and Information Science
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Advanced Certificate in Electrical Installation and Fitting
- Advanced Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Electrical Installation
- Craft Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Education (Primary Education)
- Diploma in Education (Secondary Education)
- Diploma in Social Work and Social Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management
- Diploma in Records Management
- Diploma in Public Administration and Management
- Diploma in Health Management
- Diploma in French
- Diploma in Swahili
- Diploma in Counseling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post-graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
Undergraduate degree programs
- Bachelor of Arts in education
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts in economics
- Bachelor of Arts in social work and social administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in public administration and management
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Land Use Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Environmental Sciences
Postgraduate degree programs
- Master of Arts in Educational Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in development studies
- Masters in Public Administration & Management
- Master of Arts in human resource management
- Master of Arts in project planning and management
- Education in Uganda
- List of universities in Uganda
- List of university leaders in Uganda
- List of Business Schools in Uganda
- Kushaba, Anthony (25 February 2013). "Kanyeihamba Vows To Block Government Takeover of Kabale University". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Muhereza, Robert (3 May 2016). "Museveni appoints Prof Kagonyera as Kabale university chancellor". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- Aanyu, Rehema (15 October 2009). "Women Are Not Extensions of Men - Professor Kwesiga". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Muhereza, Robert (10 March 2016). "Government Takes Over Kabale University". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- GFC (29 January 2016). "Distance between Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and Kabale University, Kabale, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Google (29 January 2016). "Location of Kabale University" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- CTU (8 June 2015). "Undergraduate courses offered at Kabale University". Kampala: Campus Times Uganda (CTU). Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Kushaba, Anthony (22 March 2012). "Museveni Endorses Take over of Kabale University". Kampala: Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- NCHE. "Uganda National Council for Higher Education: Private Universities". National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Our Reporter (17 January 2015). "Government To Take Over Kabale University, M7 Sets Conditions". The Red Pepper Newspaper. Kampala.
- Okello, Dickens (26 June 2015). "Lira, Kabale, Soroti now Public Universities". Kampala: Chimpreports.com. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- KAB. "Kabale University: Academic Units - Short Courses". Kabale University (KAB). Retrieved 7 September 2014.