Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay
Map of Zamboanga Sibugay with Kabasalan highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|District||2nd District of Zamboanga Sibugay|
|• Mayor||George Cainglet|
|• Total||289.20 km2 (111.66 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||150/km2 (400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)62|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Electorate||29,324 voters as of 2016|
- Bolo Battalion
- Calubihan (F.L.Pena)
- Concepcion (Balungis)
- Little Baguio
- Riverside (Salipyasin)
- Santa Cruz
- Timuay Danda (Mangahas)
The first inhabitants of the place are of Subanen origin. Kabasalan comes from the word basal, meaning to play the agung, a musical instrument which is a favorite pastime of the Subanon. It was during the old times that the whole peninsula was resonating with the sound of that instrument. Every Subanen family owns a set of the instrument.
|Population census of Kabasalan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Kabasalan and its neighboring towns is being served by Flash-FM 91.3 MHz and Countryside Cable Television, Inc.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA SIBUGAY". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code listing for Kabasalan - National Statistical Coordination Board
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
||Godod, Zamboanga del Norte|
|Naga||Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur|
|Sibuguey Bay / Siay|