Kabei: Our Mother
|Kabei: Our Mother|
|Directed by||Yoji Yamada|
|Written by||Terayu Nogami (biography)
Yoji Yamada & Emiko Hiramatsu (screenplay)
Set in Tokyo in 1940, the peaceful life of the Nogami Family suddenly changes when the father, Shigeru, is arrested and accused of being a Communist. His wife Kayo works frantically from morning to night to maintain the household and bring up her two daughters with the support of Shigeru's sister Hisako and Shigeru's former student Yamazaki, but her husband does not return. World War II breaks out and casts dark shadows on the entire country, but Kayo still tries to keep her cheerful determination, and sustain the family with her love. This is an emotional drama of a mother and an eternal message for peace.
- Sayuri Yoshinaga as Kayo Nogami
- Tadanobu Asano as Yamazaki Toru
- Rei Dan as Hisako Nogami
- Mirai Shida as Hatsuko Nogami
- Miku Satō as Teruyo Nogami
- Umenosuke Nakamura as Kyūtarō Fujioka
- Takashi Sasano
- Bandō Mitsugorō X as Shigeru Nogami
- Mizuho Suzuki as Hajime Nikaido
- Chieko Baisho as Hatsuko Nogami (adult)
- Keiko Toda as Teruyo Nogami (adult)
- Michie Tomizawa
- Mayumi Tanaka
- Kumiko Nishihara
- Masuo Amada
- Daisuke Gori
The film received several nominations at the 32nd Japan Academy Prize, including for Best Film, Best Director, Best Actress for Sayuri Yoshinaga, Best Supporting Actor for Tadanobu Asano and Best Supporting Actress for Rei Dan.
- "Kabei (2009)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Kaabee (Our Mother) (2008)". Boxofficemojo.com. 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
(in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2013-09-21. External link in
- 第32回日本アカデミー賞優秀作品 . Japan Academy Prize (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|