Kabir Khan (director)
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, cinematographer|
|Alma mater||Kirori Mal College of Delhi University and Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Children||Vivaan (Son) and
Kabir Khan is an Indian film director, screenwriter, and cinematographer. He started his career working in documentary films, and then made his feature film directorial debut in 2006 with Kabul Express which was followed by New York (2009), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) and Phantom (2015).
He was born to Indian father Rasheeduddin Khan who was one of the founding professors of Jawaharlal Nehru University, where he taught Political Science and a Telugu Hindu mother Leela. He also has an elder sister. He is married to TV host Mini Mathur. They have two children Vivaan and Sairah.
Khan started his career at age 25 as a cinematographer for the Discovery Channel documentary film Beyond the Himalayas (1996) directed by Gautam Ghosh. He then made his own directorial debut with the documentary The Forgotten Army (1999) based on Subhas Chandra Bose's Indian National Army. He then directed two more documentaries before shifting his focus to mainstream cinema.
His most-successful film is Bajrangi Bhaijaan, being the second highest-grossing Indian film globally. The film garnered the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment at the 63rd National Film Awards.
|2009||Ek Tha Tiger||N||Romantic thriller|
|2015||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||Comedy drama|
- National Film Awards
- 2006 - Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director (Director) - Kabul Express
- 2016 - Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment (producer & director) - Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Filmfare Awards
- 2016 - Filmfare Award for Best Director for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 2016 - Filmfare Award for Best Film for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- "‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ director Kabir Khan: Hanuman doesn’t belong to only one community".
- Gupta, Priya. "Kabir Khan: Salman has no complexity and no complex - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- "How did Kabir Khan marry Mini Mathur?". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Post New York Kabir Khan busy babysitting Hindustan Times, 7 July 2009
- Kabir Khan filmography
- "Kabul Express is based on my experiences". Rediff.com. 3 July 2006. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "63rd National Film Awards" (PDF) (Press release). Directorate of Film Festivals. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Salman and Kareena come together for Bajrangi Bhaijaan". The Indian Express. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kabir Khan scripts a love story for Hrithik Roshan". The Times of India. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Salman Khan, Kabir Khan team up for their third film Tubelight". Hindustan Times. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kabir Khan.|