Afghanistan (May 2005)
Abdul Kabir Stori
April 6, 1942
|Died||April 4, 2006 (aged 63)|
|Resting place||Khas Kunar, Kunar Province, Afghanistan|
|Known for||Pashtun Nationalism|
|Political party||Pashtoons Social Democratic Party|
|Parent(s)||Lal Mohammad Khan|
Kabir Stori (6 April 1942 – 4 April 2006) (Pashto: کبیر ستوری) was a Pashtun nationalist, poet, and writer from Kunar Province of Afghanistan. He was chairman of the Pashtoons Social Democratic Party, a political party that he founded, until his death.
Stori was born on 6 April 1942 in Khas Kunar, a village in Kunar Province of Afghanistan. Stori was Mirdadkhel, from the Yousafzai tribe. His primary education was from a government elementary school in Khas Kunar; later he joined the Rahman Baba Lycee in Kabul to further his education. He was selected by the Afghan government due to very good school performance to study in Germany. Kabir studied psychology with political science, sociology, and philosophy from the universities of Frankfurt, Cologne, and Marburg, attaining a doctorate in natural sciences (Diplom Psychologist, Dr. rer. nat.).
In 1966 Stori founded the Afghan Students Association in Frankfurt, serving as its chairman. He also served as chairman of the General Union of Afghan Students in 1972 and the National Liberation Union of Pashtuns and Balochs in Frankfurt in 1976. He worked for the Deutsche Welle in 1973 as an announcer/editor and helped to build the Pashto Service. He founded the Pashtoons Social Democratic Party (PSDP) in February 1981 in Germany and was the first elected chairman. 
He also served on the editorial boards of various magazines including:
- Sparghai (1972) (monthly) published by the 'General Union of Afghan Students',
- Olas Ghag (1976) published by the 'National Liberation Union of Pashtoons and Baluchs',
- Peer Rokhan (1978) (monthly),
- Lamba (1985) (monthly),
- De Khyber Wagma (1986) (monthly) published in Germany and
- Pashtoonkhwa (1978) published by Social Democratic Party - Germany.
He played a pivotal role in
- De Pakhtano Kulturi Tolana - Germany (Pashtoon Cultural Association) in 1985,
- Pakhtoon Kor - Germany (1993) and
- the Pakhtoonkhwa Pohanay Dera (1998) (The Pashtoonkhwa Home of Science) in Peshawar and in the year 2003 the Pakhto Adabi Hunari Tolana in Kunar.
Afghan national Kabir Stori was arrested on 16. January 1983 in Pakistan while visiting his family in Peshawar. The reason for his arrest was to endanger the security of Pakistan, caused by his idea to create a united Pashtunistan. Amnesty International received reports that he had been tortured. Stori spent one and a half years in various Peshawar prisons because of his nationalist ideals for Afghans. Leading political and diplomatic circles in the Federal Republic of Germany learned of his fate through Voice of Germany. The RFFU took steps to secure his release. Hermann Schreiber, the magazine's editor, published in GEO (magazine) on 11 August 1983 a report on Stori's case.
- Skarwatta (Embers): An Anthology of Poems,(1976, published together with another Afghan Poet, Germany)
- Jwandi Khyaloona (Alive Thoughts), (1997, Designed and printed by KOR, Publications Department, Peshawar Pakistan)
- De Qalam Tora (Sword of the Pen), (1999, Designed and printed by Danish Culture Association; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- Sandareez Paigham (Message by the songs), (2002, Designed and printed by Danish Culture Association; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- Khwagi Misrai (Sweetest Verses), (2006, Designed and printed by Danish Culture Association; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- Kulyaat, (2007, Designed and printed by Danish Culture Association; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
Stori wrote a collection of poetry's in his native Pashto language.
The most famous verse he wrote was about his love for Pashto and how proud he was to be Pashtun:
ساه مې واخله خو پښــتو رانه وانه خلی
Sa me wakhla kho Pashto rana wa nakhle
Take my breath but don't take my Pashto
زه پښــتون یم په پښـتو باندې پتمن یم
Sa Pashtun yem pa Pakhto bande Patman yem
I'm Pashtun, respected by Pashto
كه زما ستوري په قبر چېرې راشې
Ka sama Stori pa kaber chera rashe
If you come to Stori's grave
په پښتو راته دعا كړه پرې مېن يم
Pa Pashto rata dawa wakra par mayen yem
Pray for me in Pashto because I'm in love with it
His psychological works include
- Wira (Fear): theories, measurement and therapy of fear, (1985,1990 Germany; 2001, Peshawar Pakistan, printed by KOR, Publications Department; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- De Wire Tala (Psychology), (1992, Germany)
- De Hukhyartia Tala (Intelligence-Test), (2000, Designed and printed by KOR, Publications Department; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- Zabsapohana (Language Psychology), (2000, Designed and printed by Danish Culture Association; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- De Hokhyartia Kulturi be Palawa Tala (Kulturfairer Intelligenz-Test (C-I- T)) in three languages (Pashtu, English and German), (2004, Designed and printed by KOR, Publications Department; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
- De Pedaikhti Banno De Hokhyartia Tala (Naturformen des Intelligenztests (N-I-T), in three languages (Pashtu, English and German), (2004, Designed and printed by KOR, Publications Department; Publisher: The Pakhtoonkhwa Home of Science, Peshawar/Pakistan)
Death and tributes
- "Dr. Kabir Stori Lycee in Khas Kunar".
- "Yousufzai / Yusufzai tribe".
- "Jwand Leek (English)".
- "eBook - Kabir Stori".
- "د میرزا ماما (ډاکتر کبیر ستوري) په یاد | Pajhwok Afghan News". www.pajhwok.com. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "ارواښاد ډاکتر کبیر ستوری د (PSDP ) پخواني مشر او بنسټ ايښودونکی". Cite journal requires
- "Delegierter verlässt UNO-Konferenz: Paschtunen fordern stärkere Rolle im Friedensprozess". www.handelsblatt.com (in German). Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "BBCPashto.com | خبرونه | په جرمني کې د ډاکتر کبير ستوري د درېيم تلين ياد غونډه جوړه شوه". www.bbc.com. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- "Aus den RFFU-Verbänden". RFFU. 01.05.1983
- "Da Ghamrazai Peghamoona".
- "Jwand Leek de Dakter Kabeer Storey".
- "Die Filmschaffenden - damals RFFU".
- "Fürsorge der Behutsamen".
- . Abroad. "Der Fall Stori und die Grenze der Belastbarkeit". GEO: 11/33.CS1 maint: others (link) 11. August 1983
- ارین, حکمت. "ډاکټر کبير ستوری". www.spogmairadio.af. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- Chater, Patricia. (2012). Hidden treasure : a memoir. Hastings, Ann. Harare [Zimbabwe]: Weaver Press. ISBN 978-1-77922-206-0. OCLC 802977094.
- "کبیر ستوری په یاد". wasiweb (in Pashto). 2019-03-10. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- TV, Enikass Radio. "د ډاکټر کبیر ستوري په شاعري کي د مور بي بي ستاینه". Enikass Radio | انعکاس راډیو (in Pashto). Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- د ډاکتر کبیر ستوري مبارزه او محبوبیت د پښتون او افغان قوم په منځ کې / Past Memories (Ter Yadoona) EP10 - Part 03, retrieved 2020-02-15
- "StoriMojala YauolasamaGana".
- "Afghan patriot devotes himself to his language | The Los Angeles Tribune". Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Mushtaq, Saad (2020-09-17). "Pohyal Stori: The Bannerman Of Dr. Kabir's Legacy". The Hear UP. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kabir Stori|