Kachina Village, Arizona
|Kachina Village, Arizona|
Location in Coconino County and the state of Arizona
|• Total||1.22 sq mi (3.17 km2)|
|• Land||1.22 sq mi (3.17 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||6,774 ft (2,065 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1866987|
Kachina Village is located at (35.097016, -111.692648).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2), all of it land.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Kachina Village has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,664 people, 1,021 households, and 658 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,228.3 people per square mile (857.1/km²). There were 1,376 housing units at an average density of 1,151.0/sq mi (442.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.96% White, 4.28% Native American, 0.34% Black or African American, 0.30% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 4.77% from other races, and 1.31% from two or more races. 9.72% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,021 households out of which 33.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.4% were married couples living together, 8.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.5% were non-families. 20.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the CDP, the age distribution of the population shows 26.0% under the age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 37.4% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 4.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 107.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 109.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $45,703, and the median income for a family was $51,037. Males had a median income of $34,375 versus $26,750 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,849. About 4.4% of families and 8.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.5% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Kachina Village is served by the Flagstaff Unified School District.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Kachina Village CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Kachina Village, Arizona Köppen Climate Classification (Weatherbase)". Weatherbase.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.