Kacper Filip Szelążek
Kacper Filip Szelążek
|Born||28 April 1984|
Life and career
He graduated in vocal studies in 2016 at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw in the singing class of dr. hab. Artur Stefanowicz (previously he obtained the title of engineer at the Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology of the Warsaw University of Technology). He made his debut in 2013 in the Nerone part in the L'incoronazione di Poppea by Monterverdi, which he performed with great success at the Collegium Nobilium in Warsaw and in 2015 in the Salle Frank Martin Auditorium in Geneva. In 2013, as the best young musician of the year, he received a recording offer from Polish Radio (which was realised in the following form: Karol Szymanowski – Three passages to words by Kasprowicz, Witold Lutosławski – 5 songs to words by Kazimiera Iłłakowiczówna and arias of Sesto from Handel's Giulio Cesare) and to represent Poland at the Young Talents Competition EBU in Bratislava (International Forum of Young Performers New Talent). He performed, among others at: the National Philharmonic in Warsaw, Teatro Ristori in Verona, Teatro Thalia in Lisbon, the Concert Hall of the Pushkin Museum in Moscow, the Grand Theater–National Opera in Warsaw, the Lutosławski Concert Studio in Warsaw, the Warsaw Chamber Opera, the Dutch National Opera in Amsterdam. In his repertoire he also has oratorio parts, among others passions by J. S. Bach, cantatas by Handel, Porpora, Vivaldi and a large song repertoire, i.a. he is the only countertenor in the world that performs 3 poems to words by Kasprowicz by Karol Szymanowski.
Awards and Distinction
- 2016 - he received the Carlo Maria Giulini award at the Stanisław Moniuszko International Vocal Competition in Warsaw.
- 2017 - he was awarded the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music Medal Magna cum Laude.
Selected works from the artist's repertoire
- 2013 L'incoronazione di Poppea by Claudio Monteverdi in the Nerone role - the production of the Opera Institute in Warsaw
- 2014 Agrippina by G.F.Handel in the Nerone role with pl:Anna Radziejewska in the title role (the production of Dramma per Musica Association at the Royal Łazienki Museum in Warsaw) under the baton of Lilianna Stawarz
- 2015 Rodelinda by G.F.Handel in Bertarido role - the production of the Opera Institute in Warsaw
- 2016 Ariodante by G.F.Handel in the title role Ariodante with pl:Olga Pasiecznik as Guineverehe - the production of the Warsaw Chamber Opera
- 2017 Farnace by Vivaldi in Gilade role ( as the first countertenor he performed the Gilade parts ) - the production of Dramma per Musica Association of the III Baroque Operas Festival in Warsaw 
- 2018 La morte d'Orfeo by Landi in Bacco role - the production Dutch National Opera in Amsterdam  opera conducted by Christophe Rousset and the Les Talens Lyriques orchestra.
- 2018 Giulio Cesare by G.F.Handel in the title role Giulio Cesare conducted by Paul Esswood - the production of the Grand Theatre, Poznań - Concert performance
- 2013 edition of the music competition "New Talent" in Bratislava, Slovakia.,
- National Opera in Warsaw - winners of the competition 2016,
- Handing over the medal Magna cum Laude 2017,
- Opera Institute L'incoronazione di Poppea ,
- Association Dramma per Musica,
- Opera Institute Rodelinda,
- YouTube Farnace,
- Dutch National Opera successfully resurrects La morte d’Orfeo,
- NYT - Instrumental Armies Do Battle at Amsterdam’s Opera,