|Born||May 1, 1994|
|Origin||Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.|
Kacy Anne Hill (born May 1, 1994) is an American model and singer-songwriter, currently signed to Kanye West's GOOD Music. She was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona and had previously worked as a model for American Apparel, as well as a backup dancer on The Yeezus Tour for Kanye West. She released Experience, her first non-album single independently in 2014, with an EP release scheduled for October 2015. The first single from the EP, Foreign Fields, was released in 2015. Hill was also #6 on Dazed and Confused's Readers' 100 list and #29 on the Dazed 100 list in 2014.
Hill began modeling at the age of 16 after being discovered by a wedding photographer. She moved to Los Angeles after high school to pursue a modeling career which led her to becoming the face for American Apparel. She got into music when she met a director who later directed the video for her first non-album single release, Experience. Regarding her modeling career, Hill stated that she never felt passionate about it. In an interview with NY Mag, she was quoted as saying, "It wasn't something I really wanted to do; it was something that was there, so I went after it."
Hill was a backup dancer for Kanye West during his 2013-2014 The Yeezus Tour. She had released Experience, a non-album single at the beginning of the tour. The video for the song was shot in ten minutes between her getting off a plane and going to a tour rehearsal. During the tour, West was provided with a copy of the song and he immediately signed Hill to his GOOD Music label after his show in Atlantic City.
Her song "Experience" received international media attention, with Digital Spy naming it a "track you need to hear" as well as The BoomBox naming Hill an artist to watch in 2015. Hill was also #6 on Dazed and Confused's Readers' 100 list and #29 on the Dazed 100 list in 2014. Since the release of Experience, Hill has written songs that will become part of her debut EP with GOOD Music. Entitled Bloo, the songs are said to be a collection of what Hill wants to accomplish musically. The Express Tribune named her one of 10 new music artists you are bound to have on repeat. Additional accolades have come from GQ who stated "Hill's barreling towards the big time" and NY Magazine who stated she was "ethereal yet catchy" and "one to watch." Her first major feature was on the song "90210" on labelmate Travis Scott's Rodeo.
On her Facebook stream, which singer did in July, she confirmed that the next single is expected to be a new song called "Hard to Love".
Hill finished recording her debut album in December 2016.
In early May 2017, she released two new singles, entitled "Hard to Love", produced by Stuart Price & Oskar Sikow, and "Like a Woman", produced by DJ Mustard, Terrace Martin and DJ Dodger Stadium (DJDS). Both singles were announced as the lead cuts from Hill's debut studio album, which is titled Like a Woman, released on 30 June 2017.
In August of 2018, Hill independently released the single entitled, "Dinner" , while also teasing a new album to be released late 2018 or early 2019
|Like a Woman|
As lead artist
|"Lion"||2016||Like a Woman|
|"Like a Woman"||2017|
|"Hard to Love"|
|"Dinner"||2018||Untitled second album|
|"Releaser"||2016||Kid Cudi||Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin'|
|"Europa Pools"||2017||Cashmere Cat||9|
- "Kacy Hill - New Songs, Playlists & Latest News". BBC Music. Retrieved July 30, 2017.
- Foster, Alistair (24 August 2015). "Kanye West's been great, says new star Kacy Hill - he told me to be myself". Evening Standard. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Leight, Elias (17 December 2014). "G.O.O.D. Music Signs Former Kanye West Backup Dancer Kacy Hill". Billboard. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- R, Kaya (31 July 2015). "Kacy Hill is Feeling "Bloo" With New EP". Next2Shine. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Single Review: Kacy Hill's Foreign Fields". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "The Dazed 100". Dazed. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "Uncovering The Hidden Past of Kacy Hill, Kanye's New G.O.O.D. Protege". DJ Booth. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Kaplan, Ilana (April 2015). "Kacy Hill's Kanye approved pop". New York Magazine. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Walker, Lily (22 May 2015). "Homecoming Queen". Wonderland Magazine. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Kanye West Signs Kacy Hill to G.O.O.D. Music After Pusha T Suggests Lil Wayne Join the Label". Music Times. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Corner, Lewis; Davidson, Amy (7 October 2014). "Playlist: 10 tracks you need to hear-Olly Murs, Cheryl, Clean Bandit". Digital Spy. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Josephs, Brian (16 January 2015). "10 Singers You Need to Pay Attention to in 2015". The BoomBox. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Golden, Zara (28 July 2015). "Kacy Hill Announces Bloo EP, Download "Experience"". The Fader. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Abdul, Haseeb Sultan (7 March 2015). "10 new music artists you are bound to have on repeat". Express Tribune. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Cheslaw, Louis (18 December 2014). "How to get signed by Kanye with only one song". GQ Magazine. Archived from the original on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Cuby, Michael (12 May 2017). "Listen to Two New Songs by Kanye West-Signed Singer Kacy Hill". Paper Mag. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Kacy Hill sets release date for G.O.O.D. Music debut". Exclaim!. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Mitchell, Elliot (26 December 2014). "14 Things to Expect in Pop in 2015". Gigwise. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Kacy Hill - Foreign Fields". Hilly Dilly. 24 August 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Kacy Hill releases new single "Lion"". Fit4Talent. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Kacy Hill - Dinner". IllRoots. Retrieved 3 August 2018.