|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
This commercial and residential area is situated about 32 km north from the capital city Thiruvananthapuram and 33 km south of Kollam. The area has a number of shops, banks, hospitals, sub treasury, commercial establishments, educational institutions and religious centers.
Regular buses are available for Attingal, Varkala, Paravur, Chirayinkeezhu, Anchuthengu, Vakkom, Nilakkamukku, Mananakku, Anathalavattom, Kollampuzha, Kaikkara, Nedunganda, Plavazhikom, Vilabhagom, Vettur, Keezhattingal, Perumkulam, Palamkonam, Thoppichantha, Thottikkallu, Alamcodu and Venjaramoodu.
Near-by Tourist Spots
- Kaikkara ,Birthplace of the Great Poet Kumaran Asan.
- Anjengo Fort, Built by the Europeans.
- Light House, at Anjengo village.
- Anjengo Beach at Anjengo village
- Muthalappozhiwhere the Arabian sea and the Anjengo lake unites together.
- Shaarkara Devi temple, at chirayinkil
- OOttuparampu Ardhanareeswara Temple consecrated by the Shree Narayana Guru.
- Sivagiri Mutt at Varkala
- East West University of Brahmavidya, at Varkala
- Gurukulam, Founded by Dr. Nataraja Guru, Varkla
- Papanaasham Beach at Varkala
- Janaarddhana Swami Temple, Varkala
Aquarium, Fisheries Department, Varkala
- Nature Cure Centre, Govt of kerala, at Paapanasham Varkala
- Janaki Hospital
- Mission Hospital
- Govt. Ayurvedadic Hospital
- Apsala Ayurveda Hospital
- R.R Dental Hospital
- SSPB High School
- S.N.V. Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Tolstoy Memorial Public School
- Sree Subramanya Swamy Temple (Thevaru Nada)
- Ayantavila Sree Mahalakshmi Temple Kadakkavoor
- Oottuparambu Siva Temple
- Kochuthitta Sree Bhadra Devi Temple
- Ayyappan Temple
- Mundavilakom Devi Temple
- Kakkotu Sastha Temple
- Krishnan Kovil (Vrindavanam Temple)
- Thondalil Ardhanarreswara Temple
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2017)|
- "India Post :Pincode Search". Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 December 2008.