|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
This commercial and residential area is situated about 32 km north from the capital city Thiruvananthapuram and 33 km south of Kollam. The area has a number of shops, banks, hospitals, sub treasury, commercial establishments, educational institutions and religious centers.
Regular buses are available for Attingal, Varkala, Paravur, Chirayinkeezhu, Anchuthengu, Vakkom, Nilakkamukku, Mananakku, Anathalavattom, Kollampuzha, Kaikkara, Nedunganda, Plavazhikom, Vilabhagom, Vettur, Keezhattingal, Perumkulam, Palamkonam, Thoppichantha, Thottikkallu, Alamcodu and Venjaramoodu.
- Janaki Hospital
- Mission Hospital
- Govt. Ayurvedadic Hospital
- Apsala Ayurveda Hospital
- R.R Dental Hospital
- SSPB High School
- S.N.V. Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Tolstoy Memorial Public School
- Sree Subramanya Swamy Temple (Thevaru Nada)
- Ayantavila Sree Mahalakshmi Temple
- Oottuparambu Siva Temple
- Kochuthitta Sree Bhadra Devi Temple
- Ayyappan Temple
- Mundavilakom Devi Temple
- Kakkotu Sastha Temple
- Krishnan Kovil (Vrindavanam Temple)
- Thondalil Ardhanarreswara Temple
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2015)|
Kadakkavoor was the birthplace of:
- Maruthoor Cochu Pilla Muthalali, Member of Legislative Council.
- N. Kunjuraman, freedom fighter, former member of Travancore-Cohin as well as Kerala Legislative Assemblies and minister of Travancore-Cochin. During the freedom struggle, he was jailed six times. He was the first person elected unopposed to the Travancore-Cohin Assembly. He was member of legislative assembly of Kerala State until 1964. Died in 1980.
- K.P. Brahmaanandan, the nostalgic singer. Brahmanandan sang very few songs, but just about every one of them became a hit. A disciple of Kadakkavur Sundaram Bhagavathar and D. K. Jayaraman, he was a recipient of the All-India Radio Award for the best light music singer and the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi award. He died in 2004.
- Dr. Chandramohan, former Vice Chancellor, Kannur University.
- Dr. K. R. Vijayakumar well known rubber scientist.
- Praveen Kadakkavoor, Well acclaimed Television director.
- Dr.Thankappan KochuKrishnan, former Police Surgeon & Dy. Dist Medical Officer of Health, Kollam
- "India Post :Pincode Search". Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 December 2008.