|Directed by||N. Ragavan|
|Produced by||Super Good Films|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Cinematography||S. R. Sathish Kumar|
|Distributed by||The Show People|
Kadamban (pronunciation (help·info)) is a 2017 Indian Tamil action drama film written and directed by Ragava and produced by R. B. Choudary under Super Good Films and associate produced by B. Suresh, B. Jeevan, Jithan Ramesh, Jiiva, and Arya under The Show People and Riwaz Duggal. The movie is the Indian adaptation of James Cameron's 2009 epic film Avatar. Arya and Catherine Tresa feature in the leading roles. The music was composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja, cinematography by S. R. Sathish Kumar, editing by Dev, art directing by A. R. Mohan, and stunt choreography by Dhilip Subbarayan. The movie was dubbed and released in Telugu as Gajendrudu."The Hindi rights of the film were purchased by RK Duggal Studios for a record price. The Hindi trailer was launched on 6 May 2017, and the Hindi dubbed version was released under the same title by RKD studios.
Kadamban (Arya) is a native of an isolated tribe in the Kadamban Forest, Tamil Nadu. The area is known for its wildlife and an immense amount of limestone. This brings the attention of the Mahendran Brothers, who own a large cement factory. They then attempt to get the not easily convinced tribe out of the forest. Radhi (Catherine Tresa) is in love with Kadamban and attempts continuously to win his heart at the displeasement of her brother, who has a rivalry with Kadamban.
- Arya as Kadamban
- Catherine Tresa as Radhi
- Deepraj Rana as Mahendran
- Super Subbarayan as Moopa
- Madhusudhan Rao as Basil Raja
- Aadukalam Murugadoss
- Y. Gee. Mahendra
- Madhuvanti Arun
- Elizabeth as Radhi's mother
- DMJ Rajasimhan as Radhi's brother
- Ethiraj as Ranger Karuna
- Kadhal Saravanan as Mahendran's assistant
- Dr. Sabu Issac as Doctor
- Madurai Saroja
In January 2015, Ragava and Vikram Prabhu announced that they would work on an action adventure film together, with Ilaiyaraaja signed on to compose the film's music. The film was reported to be titled as Thanni Kaattu Raja, but was postponed.
In December 2015, Ragava announced that he would make the action adventure film with Arya in the lead role, and that it would be set in the backdrop of a jungle. Catherine Tresa was signed on as heroine, while Yuvan Shankar Raja was soon after announced as the film's music composer. For his role in the film, Arya underwent a very rigorous training, he took charge of his lifestyle, underwent a complete makeover and sported a striking muscular physique. The film began shooting in March 2016 in the forests of Kodaikanal and the terrain was rough and challenging. The team realised this shoot was going to be like no other, they took on every challenge the jungle had to throw at them; even as simple as mobile network coverage was hard to find, the team requested local operators to put up four communications towers. In May 2016, the film's actual title was revealed to be Kadamban. For the shooting of the climax scene, 70 elephants were used. Catherine Tresa says that, Kadamban is a saga with a social message to love forest and the simple ways of nature; this is indeed an eye opener for the betterment of the country.
|Kadamban / Gajendrudu|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||24 March 2017|
|Language||Tamil / Telugu|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and released on TrendMusic.
All tracks written by Yugabharathi.
|1.||"Otha Paarvayil"||Yuvan Shankar Raja, Srimathumitha||3:53|
|3.||"Saama Kodaangi"||Anitha Karthikeyan, Velmurugan, Jayamoorthy||3:22|
|5.||"Ilarattham Soodera"||M. L. R. Karthikeyan||3:57|
|1.||"Donga Chaatuga"||Rakendu Mouli||Vedala Hemachandra, Pranavi||3:53|
|2.||"Paccha Pacchani"||Bhuvana Chandra||Sri Krishna||3:26|
|3.||"Kondaa Konallo"||Vennelakanti||Rakendu Mouli, Pranavi||3:22|
|4.||"Thallanti Adave"||Vennelakanti||Vedala Hemachandra||4:11|
|5.||"Vanamera Nee Thodu"||Rakendu Mouli||M. L. R. Karthikeyan||3:57|
Behindwoods rated the Music 2.5 /5 and noted it as "A passable adventure by Yuvan for Kadamban that is just about competent !"
Kadamban was a success at the box office. It wasn't a good profitable deal but still the makers enjoyed some revenue. The movie was made on a big budget of 40 cr. It collected over 60 cr.Satellite rights were sold to Zee Tamil 
- ""Kadamban brings a real life crisis into picture" – Ragava". Top 10 Cinema. 2017-04-03. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- "Arya's Telugu film 'Gajendrudu' postponed, Tamil version to release as planned". The News Minute. 13 April 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Vikram Prabhu follows Rajini's advice – Tamil Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Vikram Prabhu gets Ilayaraja. Behindwoods.com (2015-03-09). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Vikram Prabhu's next film is named after Rajinikanth's old film Thani Kaattu Raja?. Behindwoods.com (2015-05-02). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya's next film will be with Ragava | Tamil News – Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya's next will not be named Thanikattu Raja. Behindwoods.com (2016-03-03). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya beefs up for his next film. Sify.com. Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya to Play a Tribal Next. The New Indian Express (2016-02-29). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya's Next Project Will Start on March 20. The New Indian Express (2016-03-17). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- Arya`s next titled `Kadamban`!. Sify.com. Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- After `Avvaiya`r, `Kadamban` climax was shot with seventy elephants. Sify.com. Retrieved on 2017-09-18.
- ""Kadamban has a message beyond entertainment" – Catherine Tresa". Top 10 Cinema. 2017-04-12. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Kadamban (aka) Kadampan Songs review". Behindwoods. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Kadamban Puts Arya in a Financial Turmoil. M.dailyhunt.in (17 July 2017). Retrieved on 2017-09-18.