|• Total||2,373 sq mi (6,146 km2)|
|• Density||66/sq mi (26/km2)|
|Time zone||GMT +5 (UTC+5)|
Kadamjay District (Kyrgyz: Кадамжай району; Russian: Кадамжайский район) is a district (raion) in Batken Region, in south-western Kyrgyzstan. The district capital lies at Pulgon. The district area is 6,146 square kilometres (2,373 sq mi), and its resident population was 157,597 in 2009. The largest town of the district, Kadamjay, is located between the cities of Khaidarkan (Aidarken) and Kyzyl-Kiya.
The district is thought to have the second largest mercury-antimony deposit in the world. Kadamjay Antimony Factory is one of the biggest factories in Kyrgyzstan. Khaidarkan Mercury Plant, built in 1942, was reported, as of 2005, to produce 300 to 600 metric tons of mercury per year.
Ak-Su (white river) is the river which passes through Kadamjay. Jiydelik lake is a favorite picnic spot.
Towns, rural communities, and villages
- city Aydarken
- city Kadamjay
- Ak-Turpak aiyl okmotu (Jany-Jer, Ak-Turpak, Kalacha, Kara-Tumshuk, Kyzyl-Korgon, Otukchu, Sary-Kamysh, Tokoy, Chogorok, Chong Kara, Jash-Tilek, Orukzar, Ming-Chinar, and Kelechek)
- Alga aiyl okmotu (Alga, Adyr, Sak-Sak, Shyrban, Chunkur-Kyshtak, and Jany-Chek)
- Birlik aiyl okmotu (Ormosh, Bel', Jal, Jany Korgon, Kichi-Aydarken, Molo, Sur, Syrt, Teskey, Eshme, and Chechme)
- Absamat Masaliev aiyl okmotu (Kara-Debe, Olagysh, Kakyr, Kojo, Kon, Alysh, Tash-Korgon and Leskhoz)
- Kotorma aiyl okmotu (Kyzyl-Bulak, Ak-Kiya, Gayrat, Jalgyz-Bulak, Kara-Oot, Kara-Shoro, Kesken-Tash, Keterme, Tamasha, and Langar)
- Maidan aiyl okmotu (Kara-Jygach, Austan, Kara-Kyshtak, Karool, Kerege-Tash, Maydan, Pum, Kara-Dobo, Isfayram, Sary-Altyn, Bak, Jany-Abad, and Akimbek)
- Markaz aiyl okmotu (Markaz, Arpa-Say, Dostuk, Kek-Talaa, Mayak, and Pyldarak)
- Orozbek aiyl okmotu (Orozbekovo, Kuldu, Tash-Kyya, Pulgon, and Chal-Tash)
- Uch-Korgon aiyl okmotu (Uch-Korgon, Valakish, Kakyr, Kalacha, Kaltak, Sulaymanabad, Raz'ezd, Sukhana, Chauvay, Boz, Kambarabad, and Tajik Kyshtak)
- Khalmion aiyl okmotu (Khalmion, Baymaala, Gulduromo, Jayny-Aiyl, Joshuk, Irilek, Kek-Tal, Kurulush, Noogardan, Tah-Dobo, Yntymak, Chekelik, and Shady)
- Kyrgyz-Kyshtak aiyl okmotu ( Kyrgyz-Kyshtak, Kojo-Korum, Kaytpas, and Byurgendyu)
- Chauvay rural community (Chauvay)
- Sovet rural community (Sovetskiy)
- A site about Kadamzhay (in English) (in Russian)
- Enrin.grida.no Archived 2009-08-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- "2009 population census of the Kyrgyz Republic: Batken Region" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 August 2011. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Primary Mercury Mining"
- List of Rural Communities of Kyrgyzstan
- 2012 Law on the transformation of individual urban settlements of the Kyrgyz Republic and relating them to the category of village or city
|This Batken Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|