|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 29|
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Dharmapuri|
Kadathur is a panchayat town in Dharmapuri district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Kadathur is situated 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Dharmapuri. It is in the southern region of the district.
As of 2011[update] India census, It had a population of 11,382. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kadathur has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 56%. In Kadathur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.It is also one of the main revenue village of Dharmapuri district.
Kadathur has good roadway facilities and very frequent bus services available to Dharmapuri, Salem and Harur. Nearest railway stations are Morappur and Bommidi(13 km). Nearest airport is Salem Airport. It has direct bus to Coimbatore and Tirupur. Many bus travel via Kadathur from Salem to Dharmapuri, Pappireddipatty to Bengaluru, Bommidi to Chennai, Dharmapuri to Chennai.
- Govt Boys Higher Secondary School Kadathur
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary School Kadathur
- Panchayat Union Primary School Kadathur
- Kalaimagal Matriculation Higher Secondary School Kadathur
- Swami Vivekanadha Matriculation School Kadathur
- Bharathi Matriculation School Kadathur
- Government polytechnic college Kadathur
- Co-Operative Bank
- State Bank of India
- Muthoot Finance ltd
- Pallavan Grama bank
- Indian Bank
- SBI ATM
- India1 ATM
- Tata Indicash ATM
- Indian Bank ATM
- Sri Vinayagar and Muruga Kovil
- Sri Arulmigu Mariyamman and Kaliyamman Kovil
- 17-ம் நூற்றாண்டை சேர்ந்த அருள்மிகு சீனீவாசப் பெருமாள் கோவில் , சுரபீஸ்வரர் திருக்கோவில் , கல்வி கடவுள் லக்ஷ்மி ஹயக்கிரிவர் வழிபாட்டு கோவில்.
- Sri Pedariamman Kovil
- Sri Kanniga Parameswari Kovil
- Sri Arulmigu Muthumariyamman Kovil
- Sri Draupadi Amman Kovil
- Sri Godhanda Ramar Kovil
- Sri Angaalamman Kovil
- Immanuel Pentecostal Church
With this Mosque and Church are available for Muslim and Christian Pals.
- Kadathur bus stand
- G.H Bus stop
- Kaliyappan Hotel
- Govt boys school ground
- Kadathur E.B office
- Kadathur Panchayat Office
- Kadathur Sub-Registrar Office
- Kadathur Govt boys Hostel
Common Service Center
- மக்கள் கணினி மையம்
Places of interest
- Yercaud is a hill station in the Servarayan range of hills only 42 km from Kadathur, at an altitude of 1515 metres (4969 feet) above mean sea level. Lying at a higher altitude, Servarayan temple has a cool climate. It is also known as the Nilgiris of Gujarat.
- Hogenakal Falls is located at the border of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, around 67 km from Kadathur. It is sometimes referred to as the "Niagara of India". With its fame for medicinal baths and hide boat rides, it is a major tourist attraction. Carbonatite rocks in this site are considered to be the oldest of their kind in South Asia and among the oldest in the world.
- Aanchinayar Temple is located 28 km from Kadathur.
- Perumal Temple is located in maniyambadi(near kadathur)
- Vathal Malai (Vytla Hills) - is a hill station located in an altitude of 3600 ft from ground level. Tamil Nadu government has recently announced this as tourist spot. It is well connected by road from Dharmapuri. Also can reach the hill station by walk from Bommidi.
- Kombai- A little waterfalls located near Kadathur,around 4 kilometers from Kadathur bus stand.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.