Manorama junction, Kadavanthra
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Kadavanthra Junction is the name of a major intersection in the CBD of Kochi ,which is one of the busiest and most important in the city.
The said junction is an intersection of the Sahodaran Ayyappan Road (east-west) with the Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road (north-south) and the K.P.Vallon Road (north-south). Importance of this Junction enhances with the Metro rail connectivity from M.G Road to Vytilla Mobility Hub making the area extremely expensive and busy with land prices sky rocketing to crores of rupees in S.A.Road facing areas with exorbitant commercial rents .
Kadavanthra being part of CBD Kochi, is especially notable as home for the headquarters of the Greater Cochin Development Authority, the statutory body overseeing the development of the city of Kochi. Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV), Bhavans Vidya Mandir and St Josephs Upper Primary School are also located in this area.
The region is an emerging commercial high street with several leading/branded retail stores and many 3- and 5-star classified hotels operating like Olive Downtown, Radisson Blu Kochi,Avenue Centre Hotel, Star Paradise,Park Residency hotel, Cochin Palace hotel etc. Affluent housing colonies like Panampilly Nagar, Giri Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Jawahar Nagar etc are also located here. Prominent banks like "Central Bank of India" in Kallelil building,HDFC bank at MKS towers,South Indian Bank, SBI ,Axis Bank branches are available.
It is an expanding area and is close to the South Railway Station, with easy access to Kaloor, Vyttila and Cochin International Airport. Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road links northern and southern parts of Kochi. Kadavanthra has become a major hub after the completion of Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road. The oldest and the major landmark of the place is the Greater Cochin Development Authority (GCDA) building beside the Sahodaran Ayyapan Road. The close vicinity of the Ernakulam Junction Railway Station and residential colonies make this place high valued in real estate business. The place is an important junction to go towards the Cochin Shipyard and the Naval base, it provides an alternate way to go to Atlantis via Railway gate or directly to the Thevara Junction, thus avoiding the usually busy M.G Road.
Major centres in and around Kadavanthra are:-
- The Regional Sports Centre (RSC) Rajiv Gandhi International Indoor Stadium
- The Greater Cochin Development Authority (GCDA)
- Statue of Sahodaran Ayyappan in the S.A Road
- Office of Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB)
- Office of the Housing Development Authority in Panampilly Nagar
- The Kadavanthra Post Office on Cheruparambath Road
- The Passport office in Panampilly Nagar
- Panampilly Nagar has a separate post office
- Supplyco of the Civil Supplies Department, Government of Kerala in Gandhinagar
- Kadavanthra Janamytri Police Station
- Fire Engine Station
- BSNL office
- Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School)
- Office of Health Inspector
- Elamkulam village office
- The Indira Gandhi Co-operative Hospital
- The Vijaya Hospital
- The State Bank of India, Ernakulam South Branch is in S.A Road
- The Bank of Baroda
- The Federal Bank
- Offices of Airtel, Reliance, Tata Indicom, Vodafone in S.A Road
- Maannullil Builders Enterprises in S.A.Road
- "Kallelil Building" in S.A.Road, accommodates Central Bank of India (Kadavanthra Branch).
- Indian Overseas Bank ATM is in "Kallelil Building" Kadavanthra.
- Olive Downtown Hotel- 5 star luxury hotel
- Olive Builder Luxury Apartments in Cochin http://www.olivebuilder.com/projects/olive-heights situated at the heart of kadavanthara.
- Radisson Blu Kochi-5 star luxury hotel
- ABAD Builders Knightsbridge Apartments
- ABAD Builders Silver Crest Flats
- DD Vyapar Bhavan
- DD Milestone & Cornerstone.
- Trinity Citadel Apartments
- Dreamflower Casa Gardenza
- Traum Academy for Foreign languages
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kadavanthra.|
- "Kadavanthra in Kochi India". India9.com. 2005-06-22. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
-  Archived November 26, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "List of speed post centres in Kochi" (PDF). Indiapost.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- Archived December 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Kerala : Alappuzha-Kochi" (PDF). Indiapost.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "SUPPLYCO-The Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd". Supplycokerala.com. 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
-  Archived January 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Fertility Clinic IVF Cochin | Endoscopic Centre Kerala-Vijaya". Vijaya-ivf.com. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- ":: STATE BANK OF INDIA :: Safe Banking With SBI ::". Sbi.co.in. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "അബാദ് ബില്ഡേഴ്സ്; വിശ്വസ്തതയുടെ രാജശില്പ്പി". Asianet News Network Pvt Ltd. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "3/4 BHK Luxury Flats and Apartments For Sale in Kadavantra | Silver Crest". www.abadbuilders.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.