Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru
|Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru|
|Directed by||M. Rajesh|
|Produced by||T. Siva|
|Written by||M. Rajesh|
|Music by||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
Bobo Shashi (1 song)
Karunas (1 song)
|Edited by||Vivek Harshan|
Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru (lit. God is there, Kumar) is a 2016 Indian Tamil romantic comedy film written and directed by M. Rajesh and produced by N. Ramasamy. The film stars G. V. Prakash Kumar, Anandhi and Nikki Galrani in the leading roles, while Prakash Raj and RJ Balaji play supporting roles. The film began during March 2016. The movie released on 18 November 2016 and received mixed reviews from critics. The film was dubbed and released in Telugu as Chennai Chinnodu in 2018.
- G. V. Prakash Kumar as Kumar
- Anandhi as Nancy
- Nikki Galrani as Priya
- Prakash Raj as Manimaaran
- RJ Balaji as Balaji
- Rajendran as Father Francis Rajendran
- Robo Shankar as Mayilswamy
- Singampuli as Madaswamy
- Sachu as Kumar's grandmother
- Urvashi as Gomathi Gopalakrishnan
- Kovai Sarala as Shanti
- Aishwarya as Manimaaran's wife
- Shanmugasundaram as Kumar's grandfather
- Manobala as "Pesuvadhellam Unmai" show director
- M. S. Bhaskar as Michael Aasirvadham
- Santhana Bharathi as the church priest
- T. Siva as Kumar's father
- Uday Mahesh as Priya's father
- Jiiva as Karthik Kumar (cameo appearance)
- Mandy Takhar in a special appearance
- Gana Bala in a special appearance
Director M. Rajesh and actor-composer G. V. Prakash Kumar announced that they would collaborate for a new comedy film during early November 2015, after the director had been impressed with the actor's performance in Trisha Illana Nayanthara (2015). Titled Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru after a dialogue from Selvaraghavan's Pudhupettai (2006), Rajesh signed on actresses Nikki Galrani and Avika Gor to play the film's leading female roles after Priya Anand and Keerthy Suresh were linked to the project. T. Siva agreed to produce the film, while actors RJ Balaji and Prakash Raj joined the cast of the film in early 2016.
Production began for the film at Sathyam Cinemas during early March 2016, before the team shifted to film scenes in Pondicherry. G. V. Prakash Kumar and RJ Balaji suffered injuries following a car accident during the making of the film in late March 2016. In May 2016, Rajesh chose to replace Avika Gor with Anandhi, after the actress had difficulties filming scenes in the Tamil language.
Release and reception
The film opened to mixed reviews on 18 November 2016 and had an average run at the box office. The critic from The Hindu wrote it is "Rajesh’s seventh film and it’s amusing to see how little his cinema has evolved", while Rediff.com's critic stated that "Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru is a waste of time" and that the film "was plain annoying". Likewise, Behindwoods.com wrote "on the whole, Rajesh has followed his signature template, which looks very much usual and ordinary" and the critics from the New Indian Express suggested "if you decide to sit this one out, don’t worry you are not missing out on a lot". In contrast, a reviewer from Sify.com noted "To conclude, Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru is a watchable comedy entertainer and it might entertain if you don't worry much about logical loopholes and some blatant comedy sequences".
|Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sa Re Ga Ma|
|Producer||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|G. V. Prakash Kumar chronology|
The music is composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar, with lyrics for four songs written by Na. Muthukumar. An extra song in the album Locality Boys was released earlier than the soundtrack as a single, and features music composed by Bobo Shashi and Karunas and lyrics written by Dharran and Karunas.
|1.||"Gum Zaare"||G. V. Prakash Kumar, Al Rufin, Malavika Sundar|
|2.||"Hey Pathu Podi"||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|3.||"Iravinil Aattam"||Gana Bala, Kovai Sarala|
|4.||"Locality Boys"||G. V. Prakash Kumar, Grace Karunas, Ken Karunas|
|5.||"Nee Pona Theruvula"||G. V. Prakash Kumar, MC Vickey, Vishnupriya Ravi|
- "G V Prakash's Next Film is Rajesh's Version of The Hangover".
- "IndiaGlitz – GVPrakash Nikki Galrani Avika Gor Kadavul Irukkan Kumaru shooting to start march 1st week – Tamil Movie News".
- "Rajesh's next film with GV Prakash".
- "GV Prakash to play the lead in M Rajesh's next – Times of India".
- ""ரஜினிக்கு போலீஸ் கதை ரெடி!"- பெரும் மகிழ்ச்சியில் ராஜேஷ்.எம் #VikatanExclusive". Vikatan (in Tamil). 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Keerthy Suresh and Priya Anand likely heroines for GV Prakash".
- "The Car Accident was Not a Stunt!".
- "Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru: Anandhi joins hands with GV Prakash for the third time".