|• Type||First Grade Municipality|
|• Body||Kadayanallur Municipality|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Located in the Tirunelveli district of the state,Kadayanallur is the second largest town in Tirunelveli district.The Town is located on the foot of the western ghat in the east and slope from west to east it lies at 9o 05’ latitude and 72o22’ longitude. The Town is situated about 16 km on north of Courtlam. The Town in general is having dry climate except during the monsoon period.
The name Kadaiyanallur comes from "Kadaikaaleeswara", the name of the presiding deity of Kadayaleeswarar kovil, a Hindu temple in Kadaiyanallur.
Kadaiyanallur is at  The town is on the foot of the Western Ghat and has an average elevation of 191 m (627 ft)..
The city is surrounded by paddy fields, coconut farms, and many ponds. A small river flows in the middle of the city. There are some rocky regions on the western end of the city called locally as 'parumbu'. Attakulam, Paloorani, Thamaraikulam, Annamalai peri and paatiyuthukulam and last and largest of those is Periyakulam are the ponds found in this city.
The town has an area of 52.25 km2. It is about 16 km to the north of Tenkasi and 47 km to the south of Rajapalayam. The N.H. 208 Quilon – Thirumangalam passes through this town. It in general has a dry climate except during the monsoon.
Kadaiyanallur in general has a dry climate except during the monsoon.
|Climate data for Kadaiyanallur, Tamil Nadu|
|Average high °C (°F)||29.7
|Average low °C (°F)||21.3
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||41
According to 2011 census, Kadaiyanallur Municipality had a population of 90,364 with a sex-ratio of 988 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 9,810 were under the age of six, constituting 4,889 males and 4,921 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 13.64% and 0.42% of the population respectively. The average literacy was 71.8%, compared to the national average of 72.99%.
The town had 21076 households. There were 34,039 workers, comprising 927 cultivators, 6,839 main agricultural labourers, 3,176 in household industries, 20,095 other workers, 3,002 marginal workers, 34 marginal cultivators, 390 marginal agricultural labourers, 569 marginal workers in household industries, and 2,009 other marginal workers.
- New Cambridge Matriculation School
- Pettai Muslim Higher Secondary School
- Masood Thaika Higher Secondary School
- Darussalam Higher secondary school
- Government Art & Science College
- Hidhayathul Islam Higher secondary School
- Boys Govt.Higher sec. school
- Girls Govt.Higher sec. school
- Everest Metriculation School
- Sri Ulaga higher secondary school
- Crecent Metrication school
- King universe matriculation school
- Ratna middle school
- Sankara middle school
- King of kings matriculation school
- Sathana CBSC school
- FATHIMA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
- EVEREST POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
- VKP POLYTECNIC COLLEGE
- Al Ameen agricultural college
- Faizul Anwar Arabic college
- GOVERNMENT ARS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE
- RUKMANI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- JP ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE,AYIKOODI(KADAYANALLUR TALUK)
- JP ENGINEERING COLLEGE,AYIKOODI(KADAYANALLUR TALUK)
- NALLAMANI YATHAVA WOMENS COLLEGE,AYIKOODI(KADAYANALLUR TALUK)
- NALLAMANI YATHAVA NURSHING COLLEGE
- USP POLYTECNIC COLLEGE
disstance from Madurai Airport to Kadayanallur is 73.5 miles / 118.4 kilometers.
Cochin international airport
Distance from Cochin International Airport to Kadayanallur is 98.4 miles / 158.3 kilometers.
Kadayanallur Railway station is situated in Kadayanallur, Tamil Nadu. Station code of Kadayanallur is KDNL. Here are some trains that are passing through Kadayanallur railway station like Ms-sct Pothigai Exp, Pothigai Exp, Ms-sct Silambu Bi-wkly, Sct-ms Silambu Bi-wkly, Tbm-sct Special Fare, Sct-mdu Pass., Mdu-sct Pass., and many more.
SETC Bus Service is available from the kadayanallur New Bus Stand to all major locations in Tamil Nadu. All Major Private Omni Bus have daily services connecting kadayanallur and Chennai.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Kadaiyanallur
- "CLIMATE: KADAIYANALLUR, Tamil Nadu", Climate-Data.org. Web: .
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals – Kadaiyanallur". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community – Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.