|Directed by||Duniya Soori|
|Produced by||M. Chandru|
|Screenplay by||Duniya Soori |
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|Budget||₹65 million (US$940,000)|
Kaddipudi (Kannada: ಕಡ್ಡಿಪುಡಿ) is a 2013 Indian Kannada language crime drama directed by Duniya Soori and produced by M. Chandru. The screenplay was written by Soori and Rajesh Nataranga and the film stars Shivrajkumar as Anand alias Kaddipudi, a rowdy in Bangalore who vows to relinquish his life of crime and lead a normal life. The film also features Radhika Pandit, Rangayana Raghu, Anant Nag, Rajesh Nataranga, Balu Nagendra, Sharath Lohitashwa, Renuka Prasad and Avinash in pivotal roles.
The music of the film was composed by V. Harikrishna with lyrics for the soundtracks written by Yogaraj Bhat and Jayant Kaikini. Hedarabyadri song sung by Shachina heggar also received a State award for best play back singer year 2013-14 . The movie received mixed reviews from the critics. However, it was later hailed as a neo-noir experiment.
Anand (Shivrajkumar) was nicknamed "Kaddipudi" as his grandmother used to sell the tobacco products. He is associated to a shady politician (Sharath Lohitashwa), whose rivalry with others has resulted in many deaths. He is unwittingly caught in the crossfire and even attempts to relinquish his life of crime and lead a normal life. A saint in the form of a Police officer helps him in this quest, but there are other forces that would not let him have a normal life. His entanglement in this web of fraud and deceit forms the story.
- Shiva Rajkumar as Anand / Kaddipudi
- Radhika Pandit as Uma
- Rangayana Raghu as Jinke
- Balu Nagendra as Rekke Venkatesa
- Anant Nag as Sathya Murthy
- Rajesh Nataranga as Indresh/Gaali
- Sharath Lohitashwa as Shankarappa
- Renuka Prasad as Renukaji
- Pradeep.v as Oushadhi Mohana
- Avinash as ACP Vijaya Prasad
- Girija Lokesh
- Aindrita Ray as Daisy (cameo appearance)
- Santhosh Reva
- Vikas as Friday Hanumantu
Kaddipudi started filming on 3 September 2012 and completed on 13 December 2012. The film was the first in Kannada cinema to not have any choreographers. The actors were asked to dance for each of the five songs in the film as they wished.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||7 June 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
V. Harikrishna composed the music for the film and the soundtracks, also having co-sung the "Budu Buduke Maalinga" with Yogaraj Bhat. The lyrics for the soundtrack were penned by Bhat and Jayant Kaikini. The soundtrack album consists of five soundtracks.
|1.||"Bere Yaro"||Jayant Kaikini||Vani Harikrishna||3:14|
|2.||"Budu Budukke Malinga"||Yogaraj Bhat||V. Harikrishna, Yogaraj Bhat||3:29|
|3.||"Hedarabyadre"||Janapada (Folk Song)||Shachina Heggar||3:28|
|4.||"Jinke Bedareruvaga"||Yogaraj Bhat||Priyadarshini||1:25|
|5.||"Soundharya Samara"||Yogaraj Bhat||Sonu Nigam||4:57|
The music of Kaddipudi was well received by critics. Kavya Christopher of The Times of India gave it a 3/5 rating and wrote, "Witty lyrics presented with an old-world charm have been music director V Harikrishna's USP, and with Kaddipudi, he recreates his magic." 
The film which was initially planned for release in January 2013, but was postponed and released on 7 June 2013. The satellite rights of the film was sold to Udaya TV for ₹29 million (US$420,000) in January 2013. The film was released in 200 screens across Karnataka.
Upon its theatrical release, Kaddipudi received positive to mixed reviews from critics. G. S. Kumar of The Times of India gave the film a rating of three and a half out of five and wrote, "Though the subject is strong, director Suri has made it look tame with lack-lusture narration, especially in the first half, and sequences which are dull and weak." and concluding praising the roles of acting, camera and the music departments in the film. Sify.com called it an "average" film and gave special praise to Aindrita Ray for her portrayal of a call girl in the film writing, "The trump card of the movie is Aindrita Ray, who sizzles for a brief time, in a special song. The actress, as a call girl, has performed Kathak." Performances of Shivarajkumar, Rangayana Raghu and Sharath Lohitashwa were also praised. Bangalore Mirror reviewed the film writing, "...it is the maturity in the narrative and sublime handling of the proceedings that strike you most."
- "Kaddipudi in 200 Screens". chitraloka.com. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Kaddipudi has no choreographers". The Times of India. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "'Kaddipudi' begins today". Bharat Student. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Kaddipudi Shoot Finished". Chitraloka.com. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Kaddipudi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - EP". iTunes. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Kaddipudi music review". The Times of India. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Kaddipudi to release on June 07". The Times of India. 7 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Shivanna's Kaddipudi satellite rights sold for a record price". Oneindia. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Kaddipudi review". The Times of India. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Kaddipudi review". Sify.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Kaddipudi: Machchu noir". Bangalore Mirror. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.