Hardison at the premiere of Beyond: Two Souls in October 2013.
July 24, 1965 |
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Known for||Dwayne Wayne–A Different World,The Cosby Show|
|Spouse(s)||Chanté Moore (m. 1997; div. 2000)|
|Awards||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series
1991 – A Different World
1992 – A Different World
Kadeem Hardison (born July 24, 1965) is an American actor and director. He is best known for his role as Dwayne Wayne on A Different World, a spin-off of the long-running NBC sitcom The Cosby Show. He is also starring in the Disney Channel sitcom K.C. Undercover as K.C.'s father.
Hardison was a starring cast member on the sitcom A Different World as Dwayne Wayne, and a regular cast member of K.C. Undercover and the short-lived sitcoms Abby and Between Brothers. His career was managed predominantly by his mother, Bethann Hardison. He has also guest starred on several other sitcoms, including Living Single, Girlfriends, Under One Roof, The Boondocks (as himself), Greek, Parenthood, and on Everybody Hates Chris as the judge. His movies include School Daze, Def by Temptation, Vampire in Brooklyn, 30 Years to Life, Made of Honor, Escapee, The 6th Man, Drive, Renaissance Man, Panther, The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, Bratz, Biker Boyz, Who's Your Daddy?, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, Blind Faith, Showtime, White Men Can't Jump, and "B.C. Butcher". He also appears as an actor in the 2013 PlayStation 3 exclusive video game Beyond: Two Souls as Cole Freeman.
Hardison was married to American singer Chanté Moore from 1997 until 2000; they have a daughter named Sophia (b. 1996). Hardison remains a close friend of actor Darryl Bell, who played his best friend Ron Johnson on A Different World; he makes an appearance alongside Bell on FOX's Househusbands of Hollywood.
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran credit Hardison for making the name "Kadeem" familiar.
- Hardison is the model for the title character in the inserts of the album The Cool by Lupe Fiasco.
- Hardison was the subject of then-wife Chanté Moore's 1999 single "Chanté's Got a Man".
- In a press conference following Game 4 of the 2012 NBA Finals, Dwyane Wade wore flip-up sunglasses and said he was, "paying a little homage to Dwayne Wayne tonight", referencing Hardison's popular character from A Different World.
- In Season 2, Episode 7 of Psych (If You're So Smart, Then Why Are You Dead), Gus references utilizing the "Kadeem Hardison method" to kiss a girl.
- "Kadeem Hardison Biography (1965?-)". filmreference.com. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran, Baby Names Now: From Classic to Cool—The Very Last Word on First Names (Macmillan, 2002), 353.
- Dwayne Wade postgame interview, Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
- Wade brings back flip shades at the podium!. YouTube. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2015.