Hardison at the premiere of Beyond: Two Souls in October 2013
July 24, 1965 |
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Awards||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series
1991 A Different World
1992 A Different World
Kadeem Hardison (born July 24, 1965) is an American actor and director. He is best known for his role as Dwayne Wayne on A Different World, a spin-off of the long-running NBC sitcom The Cosby Show. He is also starring in the new Disney Channel sitcom K.C. Undercover as Zendaya's character's father.
Hardison was born in Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, the son of Bethann (née Hardison), a legendary fashion model of the '70s and activist who owns a modeling agency and production company, and Donald McFadden, an antique and fine art collector.
Hardison was a starring cast member on the sitcom A Different World as Dwayne Wayne, and a regular cast member of K.C. Undercover and the short-lived sitcoms Abby and Between Brothers. His career was managed predominately by his mother, Bethann Hardison. He has also guest starred on several other sitcoms, including Living Single, Girlfriends, Under One Roof, The Boondocks (as himself), Greek, Parenthood, and on Everybody Hates Chris as the judge. His movies include School Daze, Def by Temptation, Vampire in Brooklyn, 30 Years to Life, Made of Honor, Escapee, The 6th Man, Drive, Renaissance Man, Panther, The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, Bratz, Biker Boyz, Who's Your Daddy?, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, Blind Faith, Showtime and White Men Can't Jump. He also appears as an actor in the 2013 PlayStation 3 exclusive video game Beyond: Two Souls as Cole Freeman. Disney original comedy KC Undercover
Hardison was formerly married to singer Chanté Moore; they have a daughter named Sophia.
Hardison is also very close to his 3 brothers Myles, John and Michael McFadden, his 3 sisters Gretchen, Nydia and Caroline & Stepmom Debra McFadden. The "Mac Pac" he loving called them on the Arsenio Hall Show in a 1990's interview.
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran credit Hardison for making the name "Kadeem" familiar.
- Hardison is the model for the title character in the inserts of the album The Cool by Lupe Fiasco.
- Hardison was the subject of then-wife Chanté Moore's 1999 single "Chanté's Got a Man".
- In a press conference following Game 4 of the 2012 NBA Finals, Dwyane Wade wore flip-up sunglasses and said he was, "paying a little homage to Dwayne Wayne tonight", referencing Hardison's popular character from A Different World.
- In Season 2, Episode 7 of Psych (If You're So Smart, Then Why Are You Dead), Gus references utilizing the "Kadeem Hardison method" to kiss a girl.
- Kadeem Hardison Biography
- Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran, Baby Names Now: From Classic to Cool--The Very Last Word on First Names (Macmillan, 2002), 353.
- Dwayne Wade postgame interview, Game 4 of the NBA Finals.