From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up kaffir, Kaffir, or kafir in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Kaffir and similar may refer to:
- Kafir, an Arabic term used by Muslims to describe a subset of society who have read and rejected the message of the Qur'an. Literally, it is used to label those that were once believers of the Qur'an but have since found another religion, for example one who was once Muslim and now is Christian or Jewish are called Kafirs.
- Sunbeam Kaffir, an engine built by the Sunbeam car company
- Kefir or Kephir, a fermented milk drink from the Caucasus region
- African wildcat, formerly known as the Kaffir cat
- Kaffir (racial term): a derogatory term for black Africans.
- The Nguni languages, called the Kaffa languages in the 19th century.
- Fanagalo, a Zulu-based pidgin language once referred to as Kitchen Kaffir.
- Kaffraria or British Kaffraria, a former designation for King William's Town and East London, South Africa.
- Kaffirs - used on the London Stock Exchange to refer to South African mining shares
- Kafiristan, the historic name for the Nuristan Province in Afghanistan
- The Nuristani people descendants of the Hindukush Kafir people
- The Nuristani languages once called Kafiiri or Kafiristani
- Kafir harp
- Kaffir lime, a variety of lime fruit native to Indonesia also known as a makrut lime.
- Kaffir lily (disambiguation), one of two flowers found in southern Africa:
- Kaffir or Kaffir corn, another name for the grain Sorghum.
- Kaffir boom (Erythrina lysistemon), a species of tree in the Fabaceae family.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kaffir.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.