Kaghan is a popular tourist destination because of its dramatic mountain scenery
|Elevation||2,500 m (8,200 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Kaghan Valley (Urdu: وادی کاغان ) is an alpine-climate valley in Mansehra District of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan. The tourists from across the country come to visit this place. The valley extends 155 kilometres (96 mi), rising from an elevation of 2,134 feet (650 m) to its highest point, the Babusar Pass, at 13,690 feet (4,170 m). Landslides caused by the devastating 2005 Kashmir earthquake closed the Kaghan Valley road and cut off the valley from the outside. The road has been rebuilt.
Karakoram Highway, in 1947, the northern areas were accessible via two routes: the Sirinagar Astore-Gilgit mule track and the Kaghan Valley Track over the Babusar Pass and Chilas. After 1948 Kashmir War, the Sirinagar Route was denied to Pakistan and the entire northern areas became dependent on the Kaghan Valley Route.
The best time to visit Kaghan Valley is during the Summer season (May to September). Because In Winter, the glaciers blocks the roads leading to Kaghan Valley and these glaciers melts during February to April. From May to the end of September, the roads and Babusar Pass remain open. In May, the temperature is maximum 11 °C (52 °F) and minimum 3 °C (37 °F).
Flora & Fauna
Fishing is famous profession and hobby in Kaghan valley. Brown trout and Mahseer are abundance in waters of Kunhar River which flows in the valley. Fishing licenses are issued by the ‘Fisheries Department at Naran’ or by the ‘Trout Hatchery’ at Shinu. Forests of Kaghan valley are full of ceder and pine trees.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaghan Valley.|
- "Kaghan Valley". tourism.kp.gov.pk. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Alpine-Climate Valley". www.manhoos.com. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Shakirullah, J Ahmad, H Nawaz (2016). Recent Archaeological Exploration of the Upper Kaghan Valley, Mansehra, Pakistan. Annual Conference on South Asia 45
- "Record number of tourists visit Kaghan Valley". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Length of Valley". www.tourismontheedge.com. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Elevation of Kaghan Valley". explorepak.wordpress.com. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- The Kashmir Earthquake of October 8, 2005 - Earthquake Engineering 
- "Cold wave rules KP, Fata: Snow, landslides block roads in Kaghan valley". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Best Time to Visit Kaghan Valley". Tourism.gov.pk. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
|This Pakistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|