A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Kahane Rachel Corn|
|Occupation||Documentary Filmmaker and Television Producer|
|Spouse(s)||Jeffrey Todd Cooperman|
Kahane Cooperman is an American documentary filmmaker and television producer.
Cooperman was born Kahane Rachel Corn to a Jewish family in 1963, the daughter of Beatrice and Dr. David Corn. She is a 1980 graduate of Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, Maryland. In 1984, she graduated with a B.A. in English from the University of Chicago and later a Masters of Fine Arts in film from Columbia University.
In 1996, she accepted as position as a segment producer at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart eventually working here way up to executive producer. For her work on The Daily Show, she has received 11 Emmy Awards and 3 Peabody Awards. Her documentary Joe's Violin, which she directed and produced, earned her critical acclaim including Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject nominations at 89th Academy Awards with producer Raphaela Neihausen.
In 1999, she married Jeffrey Todd Cooperman at the Pratt Mansion in New York.
Awards and nominations
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2002-2011: Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Series - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- 2011: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class Special - Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear
- 2015: Peabody Award for Personal and institutional honorees - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- 2016: Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Talk Series - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- 2016: Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject - Joe's Violin (Nominated)
- "Kahane Corn, Jeffrey Cooperman". New York Times. June 27, 1999. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Jewish Weekly: "The tribe goes to the Oscars" by Nate Bloom. February 13, 2017
- Seevers, Katie (March 24, 2011). "Kahane Cooperman ('80) moves from school publication to 'The Daily Show'". The Black and White.
- 2015 Individual and Institutional Honorees", from PeabodyAwards.com (accessed 4/18/2016)
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: See the Full List". Vanity Fair. January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: Best Documentary Short Subject". Oscars.com. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: The Complete List - 89th Academy Awards". Oscars.com. January 24, 2017. Archived from the original on January 10, 2013. Retrieved January 25, 2017.