Kahiin to Hoga
|Kahiin to Hoga |
कहीं तो होगा
Will be somewhere
Intertitle of Kahiin to Hoga
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
Mushtaq Shiekh, Mahesh Pandey, Bobby Bhonsle, Pinky Shah, Salil Sand, Gauri Kodimala, Nina Arora, Anil Nagpal, Jainesh Ejardar, Doris Dey and Manu Chobe
Archana Joshii,Dheeraj Sarna & Deepti Rawal
|Directed by||Anil V. Kumar, Santosh Bhatt Shatrugan Goswami, Rishi Tyagi & Deepak Chavan|
|Creative director(s)||Gargi Chandra, Shivangi Singh Chauhan, Nivedita Basu Doris Dey & Shipra Arora, Set Design - Smita Gupta|
|Opening theme||"Kahiin To Hoga" by Priya Bhattacharya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||799|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Ashok Salian & Santosh Suryavanshi|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma, Lalit Tiwari, Sandeep Bhatt|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Original release||7 September 2003 –|
16 February 2007
Kahiin to Hoga (English: Will be Somewhere) is an Indian soap opera which aired on STAR Plus between September 2003 and February 2007. The show was created by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms and starred Aamna Shariff and Rajeev Khandelwal in lead roles. The show is based on the novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
The romantic-drama series is one of the most popular television programs telecast on Indian television which achieved the milestone of getting TVR of 10.77 during its run.It was aired at 11 pm slot and had excellent trp even at late time slot due to sizzling chemistry of sujal and kashish.The show went off air despite being in top 10 show as makers of the show felt that story became stretching after the exit of Rajeev Khandelwal.  The various episodes of the show are available on Youtube The show to this date is remembered as a classic during Golden Period of Indian television fiction.
Kashish, Mahek, Mouli, Kanan and Charu are five Sinha sisters living in Shimla. Their father, Prof. Sinha, is an idealistic college teacher. One day, Kashish accidentally hits a car belonging to Sujal Garewal, a young businessman. Later, she goes for a job interview to his office. She assumes that she will not get the job, but Sujal hires her. Sujal works for a business enterprise started by his father, Chetan Garewal, in partnership with close friend Lalit Raheja. The Raheja and Garewal families live in the same house. Sujal's best friend is Lalit's son, Piyush. Sujal has a spoilt and arrogant younger brother, Rishi, who flirts with both Mouli and Mahek. Piyush's younger brother, Varun, secretly loves Mahek.
Kashish and Sujal eventually fall in love with each other. She writes a love letter to him and leaves it on his desk. Rishi, who dislikes Kashish, sees the letter and deliberately puts Piyush's name on the letter. When Piyush sees the letter, he thinks that Kashish likes him and begins to feel the same way for her. Lalit and Prof. Sinha decide to get Piyush and Kashish married. Meanwhile, Sujal and Kashish verbally declare their love to each other. Kashish assumes she is about to get engaged to Sujal. On the day of the engagement Kashish is shocked to see Piyush as her fiance. But she decides to stay quiet to prevent embarrassment and humiliation for her family. However, Sujal sees the letter with Piyush's name on it and thinks that Kashish is cheating on him. He breaks up with her and goes into depression.
Meanwhile, Mahek becomes pregnant as a result of her relationship with Rishi, but he flatly denies that he is responsible. The Sinha family is embarrassed. Sujal, who blindly trusts Rishi, takes his side. Prof. Sinha throws Mahek out of the house because of her relationship and pregnancy with Rishi and Varun takes care of her. But Mahek is unaware of his love for her. Piyush stands by Kashish and her family. Seeing this, Kashish asks Piyush to marry her. On the day of the wedding, Sujal learns how Kashish's letter to him had reached Piyush. He realizes his mistake. He goes to Kashish, apologizes and asks her to return to him. However, Kashish chooses to marry Piyush.
This is the beginning of a rift between Sujal and Kashish, on the one hand, and Sujal and Piyush, on the other. Soon, Rishi grows jealous of Varun and Mahek's relationship and does not want Varun bringing up his child. As time passes by, Kashish begins to love her husband Piyush. Sujal tries to create problems for Kashish and Piyush, but is thwarted each time. No one in the family believes him any more and he is kicked out of the house. He vows to ruin Piyush. He meets his childhood friend Archie, who is infatuated with him. Her father offers to give Sujal his entire business in return for marrying Archie. Sujal agrees, thinking it will be a good way to ruin Piyush professionally and make Kashish jealous. Kashish learns that she is expecting Piyush's child. Eventually, Sujal decides not to interfere in Kashish's and Piyush's lives any more. However, Piyush dies in a car accident. Sujal is shattered by his friend's death and begins to regret his past actions. Kashish goes into depression on Piyush's death.
Akshat Shergill, an old friend of the Sinha family, enters the scene. His entry is followed by the arrival of his mother Reva and elder brother, Swayam. Akshat and Charu soon fall in love with each other. Mahek gives birth to a son. Varun soon confesses his love for her and proposes but she refuses as she doesn't want to be in a relationship again. But later accepts as she finds out he loves her a lot and her child. Sujal arranges their marriage much to Rishi's dismay. As Mahek begins to live in the Raheja/Garewal household, Rishi flirts with her and he also loves their son. He finds out that he has real feelings for Mahek and tries to separate Mahek and Varun but is thwarted each time. Mouli falls in love with Rishi again and leaves her house to live with him. Prof. Sinha cuts ties with her for good. After some time, it is revealed that Piyush's death was not an accident. The car crash was deliberately caused. Kashish begins to suspect Sujal of killing her husband. To punish him, she gets married to him and then gets him arrested. But she discovers that Sujal is innocent. Eventually, Archie turns out to be Piyush's murderer. Archie was jealous of Sujal's love for Kashish and wanted to get rid of her, but Piyush died in the car crash meant for his wife. With the misunderstandings out of the way, the love between Sujal and Kashish is rekindled. It is revealed that Reva is Chetan's first wife and Swayam and Akshat are Sujal's half-brothers. Swayam is an evil person who starts creating problems for Sujal and his family. Mouli finds out about Rishi's flirtatious behavior behind her back and wants to return home but her father refuses. But the sisters forgive her. She begins to live in another house alone. Charu and Akshat break up as she thinks Akshat loves Kashish.
Sujal gets into an altercation with some criminals, falls into a river and is presumed dead. He survives but loses his memory and needs plastic surgery. He gets a new face and is known by the name Tushar. Tushar falls in love with Kashish, not knowing that she is his wife. Kashish also falls in love with Tushar, but suppresses her feelings. Charu is attracted to Tushar. Kashish gets Tushar married to Charu, and then finds out his real identity, but tells him to stay with his new wife. Tushar separates from Charu when he discovers that she had played tricks to get him. He tries to get close to Kashish once again but Charu is pregnant and ill. During a party Charu commits suicide leaving Akshat in despair but it is rumored that she was mysteriously killed. Mouli gets married to Siddharth, the brother-in-law of a rich man named Shabbir Ahluwalia.
Sujal looks forward to a new life with Kashish. But she learns that the secret of her sister’s death can be found within the Ahluwalia family. So, Kashish marries Shabbir Ahluwalia in order to find Charu’s killer. Disappointed and heart broken, Sujal wants revenge from Kashish. So he pretends to romance Gayatri, Mr. Ahluwalia's daughter, who works with him. Kashish gets jealous; although she knows that Sujal is only seeking revenge from her. Mr. Ahluwalia gets to know about the murderer but is soon killed; Kashish is sent to jail, and Kashish's father is killed. Varun and Mahek get divorced because of mutual differences. Mahek marries Rishi to make sure she gets custody of her son. Soon, Rishi turns over a new leaf and starts caring for Mahek. Kashish learns that Siddharth murdered Charu, Mr. Ahluwalia, and Prof. Sinha.
Kashish goes away with Rishi and Mahek. They start living in a new town. There, they meet Abhishek Chauhan, a navy officer and a look-alike of Piyush (who is later found to be his identical twin). Abhishek is a widower with a young daughter, Sneha. Kashish, Mahek and Rishi begin living happily until Swayam returns. Soon, Rishi dies while saving Sujal. Mahek is depressed. Swayam threatens Kashish that he will frame Sujal for Rishi’s murder. To save Sujal, Kashish has to leave him forever. So, she agrees to marry Abhishek. But Abhishek realizes that she is making a sacrifice. He gets Sujal and Kashish married to each other. Swayam’s evil plans to frame Sujal and harm the Garewals are failed. He gets killed by Mahek after he stole her child. 5 years later, Kashish and Sujal are seen living happily together. Mouli is also there . Abhishek and Mahek, too, are married and living with their children.
- Aamna Shariff as Kashish Sujal Garewal née Raheja, Ahluwalia and Sinha - Sujal’s wife, Piyush and Shabbir’s ex wife, Mahek, Mauli, Kanan and Charu’s eldest sister
- Rajeev Khandelwal (Ep1-346)/ Gurpreet Singh( Ep 350-799)as Sujal Garewal/Tushar - Kashish’s husband, Veena and Chetan’s eldest son and Rishi’s older brother
- Rohit Bakshi as Piyush Raheja - Kashish's first husband, Abhishek,s twin brother (deceased) / Abhishek Chauhan, Lalit and Vasundhra’s son, Piyush’s twin brother, Varun, Sanjana and Aman’s older brother
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Rishi Garewal - Sujal's younger brother, Veena and Chetan’s youngest son, Mahek’s second husband and Roshan’s father (deceased)
- Vikas Sethi as Swayam Shergill - Sujal and Rishi's half brother, Chetan and Reva’s son and Akshat’s brother (deceased)
- Chaitanya Choudhury as Akshat Shergill - Kashish's childhood friend, Sujal and Rishi's half brother, Chetan and Reva’s son and Swayam’s younger brother
- Poonam Joshi / Vaani Sharma as Mahek Abhishek Chauhan née Raheja and Garewal - Abhishek’s wife, Varun and Rishi’s ex wife, Kashish’s younger sister, Mauli, Kanan and Charu’s elder sister and Roshan’s mother
- Mitra Joshi / Surveen Chawla as Charu Sinha née Garewal - Sujal’s ex wife, Akshat’s ex fiancée, Kashish, Mahek, Mauli and Kanan’s youngest sister
- Ashlesha Sawant / Preeti Puri / Ekta Sahariya as Mouli Sinha née Arora - Siddharth’s ex wife, Kashish and Mahek’s younger sister, Kanan and Charu’s elder sister
- Kusumit Sana / Krishna Kohli / Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar as Kanan Sinha - Kashish, Mahek and Mauli’s younger sister, Charu’s elder sister
- Chetan Pandit / Amar Talwar as Professor Sinha - Kashish, Mahek, Mauli, Kanan and Charu’s father (deceased)
- Madhavi Gogate as Veena Chetan Garewal - Sujal and Rishi's mother, Chetan’s second wife
- Deepak Parashar as Chetan Garewal - Swayam, Sujal, Akshat and Rishi's father, Veena’s husband, Reva’s ex husband
- Eijaz Khan / Manish Raisinghan as Varun Raheja - Mahek’s ex husband, Lalit and Vasundhra’s son, Piyush, Abhishek and Sanjana’s younger brother, Aman’s elder brother, Shivangi’s husband
- Rudra Soni / Azaan Ali Khan as Roshan Raheja Garewal - Mahek and Rishi's son, Varun's step-son
- Amit Singh Thakur as Lalit Raheja - Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana, Varun and Aman's father
- Madhuri Bhatia as Vasundhara Lalit Raheja - Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana, Varun and Aman's mother
- Dimple Hirji as Sanjana Raheja née Garewal - Piyush, Abhishek, Varun and Aman's sister, Rishi’s ex wife
- Bhisham Mansukhani as Aman Raheja - Piyush, Abhishek, Sanjana and Varun's younger brother
- Anju Mahendru as Reva née Garewal - Chetan's first wife, Swayam and Akshat's mother
- Neetha Shetty as Dr. Archita, Tushar’s friend
- Urvashi Dholakia as Archie Khanna, Sujal’s ex fiancée
- Tinnu Anand as Shabbir Ahluwalia - Kashish’s ex husband, Kartik ,Gayatri and Shivangi’s father (deceased)
- Aashka Goradia as Gayatri Ahluwalia - Shabbir's eldest daughter, Sujal’s ex girlfriend
- Shweta Kapoor as Shivaangi Varun Raheja née Alhuwalia - Shabbir's youngest daughter, Varun's second wife
- Anas Rashid as Kaartik Ahluwalia / Sooraj - Shabbir's son
- Mreenal Deshraj as Shipra Arora - Shabbir's sister-in-law
- Siddharth Vasudev as Siddharth Arora - Shabbir's brother-in-law, Mauli’s ex husband
- Hiten Tejwani as Pratham
- Amita Chandekar as Anu
- Nikhil Arya as Rahul Singhania
- Jennifer Winget as Svetlana
- Parul Chauhan as receptionist
- Panchi Bora as Praachi Shah
- Rocky Verma as Contract Killer
|Track #||Title||Singer(s)||Lyricist||Music Composer(s)|
|1||"Title Track"||Priya Bhattacariya||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|2||"Thodasa Pyar Hua Hai"||Kumar Sanu||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|3||"Thodasa Pyar Hua Hai"||Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik||Nawab Arzoo||Lalit Sen|
|4||"Tum Mil Gaye"||Junaid Jamshed||Rohail Hyatt||Salman Ahmad|
|5||"Pyar"||Junaid Jamshed||Shoaib Mansoor||Salman Ahmad|
- "Rajeev Khandelwal to Quit 'Kahiin To Hoga'". Tellychakkar. 18 November 2004.
- "Aamna Sharif doesn't look like her 'Kahiin To Hoga' days anymore; a look at her style evolution". The Times of India. 22 May 2017.
- "7 Hindi TV Serials That Are Actually Based On English Novels". 11 April 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Pride and prejudice... and some masala!". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Kahin To Hoga strengthens STAR's 11-pm time band further". agencyfaqs. 20 January 2005.
- "Star Plus' youth-centric 'Kahiin To Hoga' leaves other new shows in its wake". The Times of India. 6 August 2003.
- "Rajeev Khandelwal to Aamna Sharif: This is how the cast of Kahiin to Hoga looks now". India Today. 10 August 2017.
- "Star Plus to celebrate World TV Day with classics". Bizasialive. 24 November 2010.
- "15 Unforgettable Scenes of Sujal and Kashish from 'Kahiin To Hoga'". PinkVilla. 27 May 2015.