Kai Altair is an American singer/songwriter based in Brooklyn, New York. Altair attended the Manhattan School of Music and the Brooklyn Conservatory, and her style is influenced by dance culture, myth, storytelling, and dreams.
Altair's professional music career began with the founding of the electro rock band The Switch in 2004. She started a solo career in 2009, which began with the release of the EP Star of the Sea on October 31. Her first full-length album, "Dreamwalker", was released in June 2015.
Altair appeared in a Flambeaux Fire production of “The Calling” between 2010-2013; the show was a fire musical set in Brooklyn, starring Altair as a young witch on a journey through the spirit world.
- Miller, Kimberly Rae (August 5, 2010). "NYC Style Interview: Kai Altair Modern Day Mermaid". CBS Local.
- webSman (September 28, 2012). "Interview with Kai Altair". Miroir Magazine.
- Luu, Chanhong (December 16, 2014). "Interview: Get to Know the Artist: Kai Altair". Gadfly.
- Rush, Allex (July 19, 2010). "This slick burlesque show will benefit Gulf oil victims". Brooklyn Paper.
- Berry, Jess (January 28, 2015). "Brooklyn musician hosts burlesque ocean charity event". Brooklyn Downtown Star.
- "Meet the Big Mermaids". Brooklyn Paper. February 19, 2015. Archived from the original on 5 July 2017.