|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
Kai Braden at the Gucci Fashion Show in Hong Kong on August 19th, 2011
March 31, 1988 |
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Dancer|
Kai Braden (born March 31, 1988) is an American actor, dancer and international fashion model.
Kai Braden comes from a family of German and Chinese descent with parents and a sister who work in the medical field. He attended San Francisco University High School and then Pepperdine University in California, graduating with a degree in Television Production and a minor in Spanish. While at university he started the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organisation AMEN Missionary, Inc. and is currently the founder/CEO. He trained for the Junior Olympics in Taekwondo, played varsity tennis, and was involved in Gymnastics. He is also a keen sky diver and a qualified scuba diver with an Open Water Diver Certification.
At the age of 4, Braden appeared in local lifestyle ads in San Francisco. Years later he was offered a place to join the American Conservatory Theatre. He completed 2 years of training there before returning to high school. After signing with a San Francisco local talent agency, Kai booked his first modeling job in a Macy's Teen Runway show. He later accepted a contract with Wilhelmina Models, New York and was given a scholarship to train as an actor at a private performing arts conservatory. He moved to New York city, and booked his first television role in an episode of The Guiding Light (CBS), an American daytime soap opera.
After living in New York and working professionally as an actor and model, he moved back to California to attend Pepperdine University and studied the business side of entertainment. While studying he worked in Los Angeles as an actor during the school year but spent his four month summers in different countries working as an international model, signing with agencies in London, New York, Singapore, Bangkok, and Hong Kong. He has appeared in advertisements for Gillette, 7 For All Mankind, New Balance and Pizza Hut.
Braden is a member of the American actor's unions SAG and AFTRA. He played the co-star role of "Jesse" in the US television drama series 90210(The CW Television Network), and "Darryl" in the daytime soap opera One Life to Live (American Broadcasting Company). He resides in Los Angeles and New York and is represented by twu2 Management, LLC.
While modeling overseas, Braden taught English in local slums and travelled over the Thai-Burma border. After witnessing the social injustice and becoming friends with Burmese refugees and orphans, Braden felt compelled to start his own non-profit organisation, AMEN Missionary, Inc. as a way to raise awareness, provide support and promote self-sustainability among the local communities on the border. The Christian organisation has successfully run multiple programs including education, health and spiritual stability.
- Kai Braden at the Internet Movie Database
- "Casting Frontier - Kai Braden". Casting Frontier. Retrieved September 3, 2008.
- "AMEN Missionary: The Team". AMEN Missionary. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- "Kai Braden - Media". Media. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- "Kai Braden - Resume". Resume. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- "LA Casting - Kai Braden". LA Casting - Kai Braden. Retrieved Jan 1, 2008.
- "Model Mayhem - Kai Braden". Model Mayhem - Kai Braden. Retrieved Mar 1, 2006.
- "Silver Models New York - Kai Braden". Silver Models. Retrieved Apr 2, 2006.
- "Upfront Models Singapore - Kai Braden". Upfront Models. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- "Jim Model Bangkok- Kai Braden". Jim Model. Retrieved May 15, 2009.
- "Model One HK - Kai Braden". Model One. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- "Pizza Hut TVC". Pizza Hut. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "90210 Jesse". 90210. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- "The Pepperdine Graphic - Model Leads Mission Trip Against Child Prostitution". The Pepperdine Graphic. Retrieved Apr 7, 2011.
- "AMEN Accomplishments". AMEN Accomplishments. Retrieved Feb 1, 2010.