Kai Kodukkum Kai
|Kai Kodukkum Kai|
|Directed by||J. Mahendran|
|Produced by||Vijayakumar, R. Vijayachandran|
|Written by||J. Mahendran|
|15 June 1984|
Kai Kodukkum Kai (lit. Helping Hand) is a 1984 Tamil language film starring Rajinikanth and Revathy in the lead roles. It was an extended version of Munithayi, the third segment of the Kannada anthology film Katha Sangama. Kai Kodukkum Kai was written and directed by J. Mahendran. The film was produced by Vijayakumar and R. Vijayachandran.
Kaalimuthu (Rajnikanth) marries Seetha (Revathi Menon) the girl he loves after much denial from his elder brother Seetha is blind and is raped a evil man Pannaiyar who has a weakness for women and addiction to sex Pannaiyar even though married lusts after looking at Seetha and rapes her in the absence of Kaalimuthu, her husband The climax is interesting twist as to what happens when Kaalimuthu decides to forgive Pannaiyar for his crime Must watch for fantastic fight scenes and action dialogues
- Rajinikanth as Kaalimuthu
- Revathi as Seetha
- Rajalakshmi as Mangamma
- Ranganath as Periyapannai (Voice over by – Shanmugasundaram)
- V. S. Raghavan as Kaalimuthu's brother
- Sowcar Janaki as Kaalimuthu's sister-in-law
- Y. G. Mahendra
- Poornam Vishwanathan
- Thengai Srinivasan
- Chinni Jayanth
Actor Vijayakumar decided to produce a film with Rajinikanth as the lead actor. Rajinikanth suggested Mahendran be the director. The film was an extended version of Munithayi, the third segment of the 1975 Kannada anthology film Katha Sangama by Puttanna Kanagal. Rajinikanth who played the antagonist role in the original played the hero in the remake. Mahendran wrote the screenplay with slight changes in the script. Mahendran's routine crew Ilaiyaraaja, Ashok Kumar and the editing duo B. Lenin – V. T. Vijayan were recruited for the film. In a later interview with Maalai Malar, Vijayakumar mentioned that he was not satisfied with the climax of the film, as he felt the fans would not accept Rajinikanth's lead pair getting raped. However, Mahendran was reluctant to change the climax that the original film had.
|1||"Aaththa Peththaale"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Vaali||04:28|
|2||"Kannukkulle Yaaro"||S. P. Sailaja, P. Susheela||Na. Kamarasan||04:20|
|3||"Thaazham Poove Vaasam"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Pulamaipithan||04:13|
|4||"Paattha Padichapulle"||S. Janaki, Saibaba||Gangai Amaran||04:08|
- "கன்னடத்தில் இருந்து தமிழுக்கு வந்த கை கொடுக்கும் கை". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 29 November 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "கை கொடுக்கும் கை பட கிளைமாக்ஸ்". Maalai malar (in Tamil). 10 June 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Rangan, Baradwaj (2 April 2019). "Tribute: J Mahendran, Who Began His Directing Career With The Rajinikanth-starring 'Mullum Malarum'". Film Companion. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "Kai Kodukkum Kai". raaga. Retrieved 23 November 2013.