Location in Coconino County and the state of Arizona
|• Total||15.90 sq mi (41.18 km2)|
|• Land||15.90 sq mi (41.18 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||5,810 ft (1,771 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0006585|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 16.0 square miles (41 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,607 people, 333 households, and 302 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 100.6 people per square mile (38.9/km²). There were 398 housing units at an average density of 24.9/sq mi (9.6/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.19% Native American, 0.37% White, 0.06% Black or African American, and 0.37% from two or more races. 0.12% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 333 households out of which 68.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.8% were married couples living together, 21.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 9.3% were non-families. 8.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.83 and the average family size was 5.17.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 49.3% under the age of 18, 11.1% from 18 to 24, 24.3% from 25 to 44, 12.0% from 45 to 64, and 3.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 18 years. For every 100 females there were 97.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $36,250, and the median income for a family was $41,016. Males had a median income of $31,477 versus $18,472 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $8,465. About 25.7% of families and 28.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 30.4% of those under age 18 and 34.4% of those age 65 or over.
Kaibito is served by the Page Unified School District.
Media related to Kaibito, Arizona at Wikimedia Commons
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Kaibito CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kaibito, Arizona
- Climate Summary for Kaibito, Arizona
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.